Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Valley Forge High School
Jerry Des Forges added to this discussion on July 14, 2008

I emailed a lot of you a couple weeks ago to let you know about this.

To all Friends and Coaches,

I will be reluctantly resigning as Head Wrestling Coach at Valley Forge High School and of the Youth Wrestling Program. I found out last evening I was passed over for four of the PE positions our district had. I will not get into details on a public forum but there is no reason I should have been. I have worked very hard to improve the district in anyway possible and to keep getting shunned was very disheartening. I have made this choice because I need to begin my career. I was hoping I would begin and end my teaching and coaching career at Valley Forge High School, but it was not meant to be. This is the lone time I put myself before my team. I will hopefully remain in Notheast Ohio and latch on somewhere else with a little more career potential. If you know of any openings feel free to contact me via email or cell phone.

As for the schedule it will remain the same as far as I know. You can contact the Athletic Department to verify. I am not sure what will happen with the NOC JV Tournament.

I hope to remain in touch with all of you- I have made some great friends the last couple years and would hate to lose that. I will also still be running the Ohio Falcons wrestling for the Spring and Summer events.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

John Fayette added to this discussion on July 14, 2008

Well I hope you get that well deserved raise OMB has been promising for the last (2) years I have been around.

On a serious note. I have known Jerry for the last (2) years and know he works hard for this sport. We went up there to scrimmage the Akron team but they were not able to show. He ran a great practice and knows what he is doing. I wish we could get him down here in SW as he would be an asset wherever he goes. Good luck Jerry, as I know this was a very tough decision for you. I wish you were a drywall guy. <thumbsup>

John Ice added to this discussion on July 14, 2008

What about the North Olmsted High School opening? I have seen it posted in the PD for weeks.Seems like that would be a great job to bring back the tradtion of some of best wrestling in this area. Billy Walsh, Tim Payne, the McFarlands, the list goes on. I would have thought this would be a great job . Maybe I am missing something behind the scenes.

Last edited by John Ice on July 19, 2008; edited 1 time in total

John Fayette added to this discussion on July 18, 2008

There are some recent teaching positions that have opened in the Lakota District:

Special Education Teacher at Endeavor and Freedom Elementary Schools

Biology Teacher at Lakota East Freshman School (Brand New Building Opening this year across the street from Lakota East).

ESL Teacher (English as a 2nd Language)

Positions that are being posted in district right now, but may open soon for outside applicants are Unified Arts Teacher at Hopewell Elementary and 6th Grade Teacher at Heritage Elementary.

Check out the Lakota website at www.lakotaonline.com under Employment to find out how to apply. Also, contact me at james.lehman@lakotaonline.com.

Coaching Postions:

Head Coach at Liberty Junior High
Assistant Coach at Lakota East H.S.

Jerry Des Forges added to this discussion on July 21, 2008

Thanks John. Certification is in PE though and I am working on my health

► Add to the Discussion