Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: 133 - Enright vs. Humphreys
Brian Nicola added to this discussion on July 14, 2007

I actually really like both of these guys. I realize that this isn't Biddy wrestling, though, and there must be a starter. This is what will make a GREAT team...two potential AA's fighting for one spot.

Enright - 2x NCAA qualifier with wins over Simmons, Reiter and RIvera. Slow, methodical, ballsy. Gigantic at 133. Local guy.

The Hump - 1x NCAA qualifier when Enright was up at 141. Has done well on University circuit at 138 during his RS season. I am pleased he did not transfer. Bigger move man than Enright. Athletic and a helluva beakdancer.

Thoughts?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on July 14, 2007

Wow! I've gotta see this "beak" dancing! lol The sentiment remains the same though and I agree, he's a helluva breakdancer!

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 14, 2007

Chris Shepherd: Spoken like a true central Ohioan!

This is the classic two-deep scenario that will build a National Championship contending team. If every weight class is two deep with possible AA's then the sky is the limit for the Buckeyes.

Very good observation Brian Nicola. You are becoming well educated in the sport of wrestling.

tNDG.

Don Bork added to this discussion on July 15, 2007

Either wrestler will represent TOSU well at 133. It's a shame either might lose a year of their four to start. But the nonstarter can be used in and out of the lineup to rest the other, or in case of injury. He could in fact be used to spell Jaggers at 141 for the same reasons. Just as J. could go up or Johnstone down to 149 if Palmer were to get injured. This is a good problem to have and how a team becomes a top 5 program. Flexibility with high quality wrestlers up and down the lineup.

Brendan Moody added to this discussion on July 15, 2007

I personally think that Enright will not only win the spot, but will finish higher at NCAAs then projected. I call it the senior effect; He is a kid that has been in the program for what seems like a decade and realizes that this is his last time to do something great in this sport (competeing wise: he may decide to be a coach and achieve great moments). I guess I am bias, because I am a central Ohio guy, but I love his dedictaion and truly believe he is capable to stand high on the podium at 133.

John Herren added to this discussion on July 18, 2007

I liken T.J. to Robert Sessley, which is not a bad thing. Great talent, can beat anyone if he wrestles his match. T.J. is so quick on his feet when he wants to be. I guess I am rooting for him since he will be a senior and has put in a lot of work just to stay at 133.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 18, 2007

T.J. Enright has had great success at the D1 level and has beaten some outstanding competitors. Sessley, however, was a money wrestler when it came to the national tournament and his 3 AA finishes is an outrageous accomplishment. Not sure I see the similarity.

Not to take anything away from Sessley's 8th, 7th, 4th AA years but I would sometimes sit there watching him at OSU and waiting for the great talent that was there to be released. I remember seeing him his senior year of HS and thinking how much fun he was to watch. Not sure I saw that same guy in college as much. He gave up a lot of stalling points and won a lot of 3-2 matches over guys I thought he was much better than. Maybe he was cutting a lot of weight, I don't know. I was not trying to knock Sessley by comparing him to T.J.. I think T.J. has a load of talent. I watch him win or lose low scoring bouts and give up stalling points and it reminds me of Sessley. Now, with that being said, a 4th place finish his senior year like Robert did would be great capper to T.J.'s career.

8,7,4 would be great for anyone but I always thought Robert Sessley had the talent to win it all.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on July 18, 2007

Robert Sessley had 2 major Injuries/medical problems that would have ended the career of a lesser man. His 3 All American finishes are a testement to his resilence and toughness.

Great point about the injuries and I did not mean to disparage Robert Sessley. I could only hope to be that tough.

► Add to the Discussion