Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Fundraiser for Doug Turchin's Family
Scott Rohler added to this discussion on September 11, 2007

As many of you have read that Doug Turchin passed away last Friday(9-7-07).There is a raffle going on to help the family with some of the financial burdens they are faced with.The grand prize is a 42" Plazma flat screen TV and the runner-up prize is a Fujifilm digital camera.Tickets are $10.00 each with 100% of the procedes going to the Family.The drawing is on Sept. 29th at the new Doug Turchin Wrestling room.My home # is (330)645-6609.let's show what an impact the wrestling community can have for one of our own!
Thanks,
Scott Rohler
PS.If you read the previous post,I think you'll get a feel of the impact he has had on so many kids lives.He truly was a great guy!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Tony Salisbury added to this discussion on September 11, 2007

That's awesome Scott. I will call you this week and send you a check for some tickets. I was hoping to make it to the funeral but just could not find a plane ticket under 500 bucks. And just to elaborate on Scott's post and my previous post; Doug Turchin was one of, if not the most dedicated coach to his team. At one point in Norton he coached youth, middle, and high school all at the same time. He would bring the middle school up to practice with the HS guys and then youth practice would run 6-8 M-W-F. He sacrificed so much because he truly cared about every single kid he ever coached. My parents divorced when I was 5 and my father to say the least was not the father or the man he should have been. I actually went with my friends mom to pick up my friend at wrestling practice and that is when I first met Doug. He asked me why I was not out there and at the time my mom probably could not afford to pay the youth fee's. He said don't worry about and I'll see you next practice. As I grew up he was my role model and as I look back on it today, my hero. I coach now in South Carolina and it's hard enough to run a HS team here let alone running every team a city had. Maybe some of you knew Doug and some of you did not but I assure you he was the defintion of what a wrestling coach should be. I hope everyone reads this and please help out the Tuchin Family and send your prayers and if you can, buy a few raffle tickets in support of a truly wonderful man, husband, father, and coach. Thanks!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on September 12, 2007

Scott--Perhaps you'd be willing to give us your email address? I'm sure some people might contact you that way for additional info rather than call.

HK

Scott Rohler added to this discussion on September 12, 2007

If anybody wants to E-mail me-make sure your FULL NAME is in the subject title or I will not open it!My E-mail address is wewillpinu@hotmail.com.
Tony,I didn't start the fundraiser-I am just helping out with it.I truly want NO credit for it.I just thought I could get some support from the wrestling community.I hope all is well in N.Carolina.Good luck coaching and I think you'll find out how personally rewarding that coaching can be!

► Add to the Discussion