Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: OWR - Nov. 11 - Jordan, Feeney, Hawald, Romano
Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on November 11, 2008

Ohio Wrestling Radio's second in-studio broadcast will air tonight (Tuesday, November 11) from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. Guests include: Jeff Jordan, head coach of defending national champion Graham High School in St. Paris, Ohio; Fred Feeney, a well-known and respected referee from central Ohio; Mark Hawald, head coach of Mount Union College; Frank Romano, head coach at Notre Dame College.

Feel free to call in during the show or email us at any time. For the call-in phone number, email address, and links to listen to the show live when we are on the air, visit our website at http://www.ohiowrestlingradio.com

Add to the discussion and quote this      

John Ice added to this discussion on November 11, 2008

Nice job tonight!

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 12, 2008

I caught the last 20 minutes of the show. I had never listened to Jeff Jordan before but thought he was fantastic. It's easy to understand the success of his program when you listen to him speak. He gets it. I was particularly impressed by how much he stressed the importance of discipline within the program as well as hard work. Obviously, what he left out is that the framework has to exist for those elements to come into play. Clearly he's created it at Graham.

I would have been curious to hear Zach Neibert's future plans. I recall someone posting that he would not be attending Wisconsin.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 12, 2008

A couple other thoughts for those who missed the show. Coach Jordan mentioned several times how impressed he is with Dan Gable and Tom Brands. Secondly, he discussed his good relationship with Tom Rowlands. He did say that he would like to see some of his wrestlers attend Ohio State but that he doesn't tell a wrestler where to go. I think that in a number of cases, Graham wrestlers have picked other schools because those institutions have offered them more than Ohio State or Ohio State didn't recruit them. Ben Jordan was a good example--Wisconsin made him a better offer than Ohio State.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on November 12, 2008

I thought it was a terrific show, and that Jeff Jordan was a very good interview - same with Fred on the rules.

Dan and the Pat's do a good job as hosts of allowing the guests to talk.

Dave Ressler added to this discussion on November 12, 2008

I enjoyed the show last night. All the interviews were very good.
I sent an email in about some of my alumni wrestlers that are wrestling at NDC and Mount Union but it was probably too personal to ask so it wasn't. The questions that were read from emails were very good. I look forward to the next show. Great job Dan and Pats!

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on November 14, 2008

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

The guests we've had have been just awesome! Fred Feeney and Jeff Jordan were especially good interviewees, I thought.

Things I think we really did well:
1. Our timing with guests was a billion times better this week than it was the first week. That was the biggest issue and it was resolved... and we did it with four guests. I was very happy with that.
2. The guests were great and we didn't have any problems with their phone connections.
3. For the most part we had good questions and all of the interviews flowed well.
4. We asked every guest at least one question we got via email from our listeners. That means the listeners are getting more involved which is awesome.
5. 99% of the feedback I've received has been positive.
6. The show's website - http://www.ohiowrestlingradio.com - is now fully up and running with on-demand streams of all previous broadcasts.

We have only a few problems:
1. The volume of the caller is way louder than the volume of the studio. We are going to have Pat Hopkins run the board from now on so I don't think this will be a problem anymore. Fixing this will be priority number one.
2. We had a few minor issues with getting the right caller on and with cutting to commercial quickly. Again, with Pat runnning the board I don't see that being a problem anymore.
3. Our intro has a different email address than what we use. I will try to get the owner of the station, Paul Belfi, to make sure that is changed. Paul has been awesome to us and the show so I don't see it being a problem.
4. A self-critique: I am not concise enough when I speak (maybe I've adopted Obama-speak from listening to him talk a lot) and I say "umm" too much. I will work on that and I expect a much quicker delivery from myself on Tuesday night.
5. I need to plug the sponsors more.

----------

Dave:
I would have asked about your wrestlers but I didn't see your email because I accidentally had my inbox not sorted by subject instead of date and I found that out in the break between Hawald/Romano and Jordan so it was too late to ask. Hawald will definitely be on again and I will be sure to ask him.

William Danforth added to this discussion on November 15, 2008

Thanks for the on demand rebroadcast. I enjoy listening to the shows. Most times I can not listen live.

Great listening to Fred Feeney and hos take on being a ref. Great to hear him talk about the spladdle call.

I'm more than willing to provide photos of the Ironman to post on the site this year. Dan drop me an email.

► Add to the Discussion