Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Buckeyes move up, Kent St moves in top 25
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 11, 2008

press release:
The USA Today/NWCA.InterMat Team Rankings for November 11 have been released. Two weeks of wrestling had been completed and there is already a change in the top five teams. Ohio State has jumped into the third spot ahead of Cornell. Penn State now stands alone at No.7 and Minnesota and Wisconsin are now tied at No. 12.

Central Michigan moved up to the vacant spot left by Maryland at No. 17 and No. 18 Oklahoma jumped ahead of Old Dominion.

There are three newcomers to the poll with Harvard, Kent State , and Lehigh joining the Top 25. Other school receiving votes were: Chattanooga, Cal State- Fullerton, Hofstra, Navy, Oregon State, Pitt, and Purdue. Complete team rankings can be found at www.intermatwrestle.com. Individual rankings will be released later today.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 11, 2008

great shot of J Jaggers on cover of Am Wr News November issue soon out, riding Mendes in their NCAA finals bout.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 12, 2008

I see OSU has a ranked wrestler at every weight, with Morrison & Gardner moving into the Top 20. They moved Gardner into the 20 spot; I think he should be lower, but I'm sure as he keeps winning that will take care of itself. Like Rodney Dangerfield, no respect, no respect...

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on November 13, 2008

Kent should be ranked higher than 25. They have a rankable wrestler at 25, 33, 41, 84, and 285, with Blackwell looking solid at 97.

Has anyone made the comparison yet between Kilgore and Percival? Both red shirted and turned heads, both from NE OH, both lost close state finals matches during their career, etc.

I would not be suprised to Kilgore AA 4X's.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 13, 2008

" I would not be suprised to Kilgore AA 4X's. "

well that would be quite a feat--- do u know that statistically there are fewer 4X Div I college AAs than NCAA champions ?? its true. ---Guys who AA 4X are very very superior, Jake Percival, Ryan Bertin, Tommy Rowlands, Joe Heskett, Greg Elinsky, Jim Heffernan. Not many.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on November 13, 2008

I believe Mike Funk should be on that Ohio list of 4x AAs, not 100% though

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 13, 2008

Let's take it easy on Kilgore. He's done a terrific job at the collegiate level but it is mightly hard to AA once let alone four times. Percival was an absolute collegiate phenom. If Kilgore finishes this season as an AA, it will be a monumental accomplishment.

Incidentally, Kent is ranked about right. There are some very good teams in the top 20.

John Robert Dula added to this discussion on November 13, 2008

Pat Milkovich 4xAA Naional Champ 2x Runner UP 2x

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 13, 2008

Pat Milkovich right u r------- and Lee Kemp, 3X NCAA champ, 4 time finalist, lost his freshman year in OT to a senior Chuck Yagla on "referees decision ". Kemp the greatest ever from Ohio i would imagine, 3 or 4 World freestyle titles too.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 14, 2008

Kilgore will have a good benchmark match against Jake Herbert this weekend. It will be a good indicator of where he stands vs. the elite guys at 184. Andrassy has scheduled some tough teams for the Golden Flashes this season.

► Add to the Discussion