Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Buckeye Comments
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 17, 2008

It's early...very early...but I'm impressed as h-ll with the Buckeyes. There seems to be improvement in conditioning and aggressiveness throughout the lineup. These guys are dominating lesser comp but isn't that what you're supposed to do when you're really good? Humphrey, Johnstone, Morrison, W. Bergman, Cook, etc...all these guys look significantly better than they have in the past. Hump appears to have taken a look at Jags and decided that he's every bit as capable of being a national champ. One thing that might have been lost in today's dual with NDC is that the falcons wrestled well. They wanted their shot at Ohio State and gave a game effort. Yet, their lineup, littered as it is with former Ohio studs (Pelton, Crenshaw, Straugh, Savage, the Tripps, Koballa) could only try to keep it close. And what can I say about Sponseller? His win today over the same Victer Crenshaw who has beaten the likes of Kurt Gross and Jason Johnstone among others was spectacular. I hope Ohio State stays healthy. If they can hold together their lineup this could be a really special season.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 17, 2008

Because he's so tall, Wes Bergman is interesting to watch. I never saw a TD like the one he pulled in the 1st period. He had the front headlock, then laces the leg by taking a giant step forward and stretching for it. It's nice he's stepped in and done a great job filling in for Mike. He can cradle guys with those long arms, too.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 25, 2008

great cover photo of J Jaggers

http://awn.awnonline.com/

► Add to the Discussion