Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Discussion Topic: Live from the Ironman
Pat Costilow added to this discussion on December 5, 2008

I just got connected here at Walsh, and will be updating all day, kind of like last year if anybody remembers. I will try to get as many scores reported as possible, focusing on big matches, and some play by play of big matches on mat 1, which is about ten feet in front of me.

Give me feedback on results you specifically want, and I will do my best to get it out to you.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

A couple of interesting things.....

Kyle Roddy is at 160 for US, up from 125 last year, quite a jump. The preppers have a nice run of Harrison Hightower at 145, Brad Wukie 152, Kyle Roddy 160, and then Nick Mills at 189.

As has been speculated, state champ Tucker Armstrong has, at least for now, been bumped out of Graham's lineup. Also, Huston Evans is entered at 152 ahead of Dylan Bair, Mark Meyer, and Joe Martinez.

Some youth for Ed's with herb Kuhar at 285, and the sophomore Frantz at 189 (his older brother Nate is one of the funniest people you will ever meet).

My god is Blair formidable
103- Mark Grey- 2 seed
112- Evan Silver- 4 seed at loaded weight
119- Sean Boyle- 2 seed
125- Garrett Frey- 7 seed
130- Chris Villalonga- 2 seed
135- Austin Ormsbee- 10 seed, but he went 3-2 with Palmer as a frosh last year
140- Tony Buxton- 13 seed
145- Brad Bishop
152- Adam Hogue- 8 seed
160- Jesse Shanaman- 11 seed
171- Ed Ruth- 7 seed, but thats deceiving
189- Max Huntley- 1 seed, and big favorite, but watch Mills
215- Ben Krakower- 6 seed
285- Andrew Lajara- 13 seed

If they wrestle to their seeds, they should win, but some should score above their seeds, Ormsbee (although he has a murderous weight), and Ruth mostly

We discussed this last week on the Ohio Wrestling Radio, but 135 looks to be quite a test, even for David Taylor.

135-

Taylor has the top seed.

Josh Kindig is 2- would have won a title in PA already had it not been for Jordan Oliver

Jimmy Chase is 3- he was 4th at the Olympic Trials in Greco

Andrew Williams is 4- 3x VA champ, but DNP last year here

Don't sleep on 10 seed Ormsbee, kid is a stud.

So out of David Taylor, Josh Kindig, and Chase, one won't make the finals.

145 will be one to watch for Ohio fans. While I have a hard time imagining Dylan Alton losing, it should give some clarity to 145 in DI, with Harger, Horner, and Squire entered. Also there are Stephens, Hightower, and Chris Burns, lot of Ohioans who are tough to order should meet eachother.

112 gets really interesting from an Ohio standpoint....

1. Hunter Stieber (I thought he would be at 119, still might be by years end)
2. Devin Carter of Christianburg(runner up to Stieber last year)
3. Gus Sako
4. Evan Silver of Blair
5. Ty Mitch
6. Jerome Robinson

This potentially pits Sako and Robinson, a possible state final matchup, against eachother in a quarterfinal, with Mitch against Silver, a rematch of their consi quarter from last year, won by Silver 11-4.

They are working on brackets behind me, should be ready around noon.....

Haven't heard of any DNMWs or scratches.

Moeller looks very thing compared to past years.... still have the excellent Harger (6 seed at 145), and solid Corrill (12 seed at 119), but no seeds beyond that, and I don't see much scoring from any non-seeds.

Also, I am hearing that Kevan Fisher, University School's 125, and a tough gritty kid and possible state qualifier in my mind, is out. He wasn't going to place here, but that bodes poorly for my Preppers if he can't make 125, as Lawler is at 130 and Fisher would have to move to 135 if he can't make 125... hopefully he is just a little too dinged up and will be back.

Also, I just noticed that Cody Garbarandt is not among Claymont's entries, not sure why that is. It gives no clarity to what weight he will be at, which is still in question. I would guess 130, but that weight is already tough in DII, with Jacob Vaughan and Felipe Martinez, but Taylor is at 135, and I don't know if Garbarandt could make 125.

Just from eavesdropping on the bracketers behind me, it sounds like Mike Hillock is at 135 for Massillon Perry, not the standout freshman Zach Dailey... don't know if Dailey is up at 140, down at 130, or what.

Nick Heflin's move to 171 was smart, maybe not for this tournament, but for state it will be a good move.... big, big favorite at that weight.

One to look for at a wide open 103 weight; Corey Keener from PA, he has won a ton of schoolboy titles (4 to be exact, 2 in each style) and a PA junior title. With a wide open weight behind Grey and Brascetta, he could place very high. In fact, he is seeded 9th, meaning he should be in Brascetta's half (I think, I'm not too good at the whole bracket thing) and that could be an interesting match presuming it happens.

Actually to continue on the above thought, Keener will draw Ryan Cash from Aurora, the 8 seed, in the second round, and that will be one to watch. I would bet on Keener, but it should be a good test for Cash. I don't doubt a guy who has wrestled god knows how many hours against Ty Mitch though.

Monroeville is warming up.... Phillips still sporting the green shoes of death. Wonder what will happen to those in college.

John Ice added to this discussion on December 5, 2008

Thanks for doing this,Pat.

Apparently Brad Squire has a staph infection.

No problem, John.

The updates will be very limited tommorow, but we will be broadcasting live all day. It will be availible at www.ohiowrestlingradio.com. If you can't catch it live, it will be availible on demand the next day or so. The broadcast will cover both sessions, which includes all the placement matches and finals

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next