Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Alton(s)
Scott Nicola added to this discussion on December 10, 2008

I have seen video of these guys before but was really impressed with what I saw on flo from Ironman. These guys are so quick on their feet and seem be able to do it all (leg attacks, throws, counter wrestling). Most have probably watched Andrew Alton against C. Palmer, check this one out against nationally ranked Cali champ Dombrowsky. Total domination!
http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/coverage/view_video/234325-walsh-ironman/92380-140-lbs-hs-sf-vlad-dombrovski-natomis-ca-vs-andrew-alton-central-mtn-pa

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on December 10, 2008

Scott,

I didn't see a thing that these kids couldn't do. The thing that, perhaps, stood out to me most, was watching Andrew power up and escape from Palmer. I have never seen somebody overpower Collin Palmer with sheer strength. These kids impressed the hell out of me.

On the way to work this morning (radio doesnt work, so I talk to myself about wrestling), I was thinking that there are some pretty awesome juniors around... Villalonga (who i think is an absolute terror, one of the best in the country at any weight/grade), Stieber, and the Altons make for a pretty good top group.

Was that the match when Alton threw Dombrovski? If so check it out, pretty awesome.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on December 10, 2008

I have to agree, both of these guys are ridiculously good. They had a variety of neutral attacks which they executed very well, no doubt that strong freestyle/greco background they possess. Both of them look to be filling out their form and might end up 149-165. I'm assuming Penn State and Lehigh (on the way back up) would be gunning for these two, would Ohio State pursue these two?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on December 10, 2008

and the Altons are only JUNIORS too, the Altons and Logan Stieber are the best juniors in America probably.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on December 10, 2008

Check out the sweet throw Alton hits for his first takedown and the sick Metzger at the beginning of the second period.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 10, 2008

Bob mentioned Logan Stieber, and I just saw the latest college rankings at 125. (ISU) Tyler Clark #5, (Minn.) Zach Sanders #7, and Stieber beat them both in freestyle as a sophomore last summer. Wow! It was a shame he injured his hand and couldn't wrestle at this year's Ironman.

► Add to the Discussion