Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Kyle Mays
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 12, 2009

InterMat is reporting this wrestler from Indiana as having verballed recently to CSU. I did a bit of searching but all I could discover is that he had been recently ranked #16 at 145 lbs--not nationally but in his state. Indiana is one division so 16 there is a bit better than #16 in the Brakeman report. But if you're going to recruit a kid from Indiana, shouldn't he be one of the top 2-3 kids at his weight class?

CSU has received commitments from several "under the radar" prospects this fall. They've gotten wrestlers from Wisconsin, NJ and Indiana--none of whom were particularly well known.

I don't get it. I'd understand if these kids were nationally ranked or at least considered near the top in their states. But so far that hasn't been the case. I'll gladly be proven wrong but at face value CSU just seems to be engaging in a bad strategy with regards to recruitment.

Maybe a Josh Lowe can offer some enlightenment. Or maybe someone with ties to CSU can shed some more light on who they've recruited and why.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Kyle Mays
Steve Lester added to this discussion on February 12, 2009

I guess the question is whether he is getting wrestling scholarship dollars.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion