Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Jaggers against Illinois
Greg Debbe added to this discussion on February 15, 2009

I have not see Jaggers warm up as much as he did tonight since he took on Tirapelle in the senior national semi finals. He probably did last year at nationals but I wasn't there and didn't see it. Was it because his parents were there? If so, we should pay his parents to show up. He appeared more determined than ever tonight. Did anyone else notice that?

I have to admit, I never know which Jaggers is going to show up and I always have doubt, but today, I could see he was going to win big and he did.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Kevin Hoogenboom added to this discussion on February 16, 2009

I have one career post on here but im gona make it number two and reply to the dumbest comment I have ever heard. Jeff Jaggers,(J's dad) has not missed a match in 5 years. Hes at every single dual meet, tournament , or function that the team has ever had. He drives 15 hrs for a 2 hour dual. For you to say that they should pay them to show up is a slap in the face.J is a national champ, yet poeople still love to ride him hard because he has struggled a bit. His preparation goes far beyond what you may see a half hour before the match. I could go on and on about how hard he works to get better, but I wont because I know he;ll be ready come tournament time. So instead of talking down about J why don't you support the guy. Even if he never wins another match he has done a ton for the Buckeye program. His parents are his biggest supporters and are great people, so maybe you shouldnt talk about them either, since you
don't know them well.
Maybe i wll just pay you to not post anymore.

Greg Debbe added to this discussion on February 16, 2009

I was impressed with Jaggers today. I haven't seen him get up for a match the way he did today in a long time. Maybe it was senior day and not his parents. I don't know Jaggers or his family and thought maybe it was because his parents were there. Sorry I didn't know his dad is at every match.

Last edited by Greg Debbe on February 16, 2009; edited 1 time in total

Jake Weisman added to this discussion on February 16, 2009

EASY!

Roe Fox added to this discussion on February 16, 2009

I see nothng wrong with Greg's original post. The idea of these forums is to exchange information. I think Greg is trying to find a reason for the multiple losses this year for a returning champ. I didn't read it as talking down nor did I take it to mean he didn't like Jaggers.

Now, his response left a little to be desired. . .

Greg Debbe added to this discussion on February 16, 2009

Roe - you are correct, my response was in bad taste. I was heated when I wrote it and have edited it. I appologize to anyone who read that.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 16, 2009

Hey, it's the most fun I've had on this forum in months.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was lucky enough to be at the match and tOSU looked great.

125: Where has this Triggas been all season? Even when he got taken down, you could sense his determination. What a great weekend he had with pins over Watts and Futrell.

133: Kennedy rode really well and that was the difference in a very good match. My view was obstructed by the Buckeye bench so I couldn't tell if he had the reversal at the end.

141: This match was worth the price of admission. Prater is quite the scrambler himself but he kept trying that crab ride and Jags finally made him pay. Jaggers looks close to being himself.

149: Palmer's opponents all have the same strategy. Stay away in neutral and then cover up on bottom. Palmer forced the major.

157: Johnstone showed guts to keep it to a decision. Poeta is bigger, faster and stronger.

165: Colt had a great weekend. He dominated Smith-Bergsrud and mauled Zeerip. Next weekend, it's Andrew Howe.

174: A classic example of how wrestling hard in defeat sets you up for a victory. Rella battled Luke on Friday night and continued his strong effort on Sunday. Dergo is a top 12 type guy and Dave took it to him. He seems to be wrestling with more confidence at the right time of the season. He should win both next weekend.

184: Pucillo had some battles this weekend. Biondo and Blanton wrestled him hard but Iron Mike showed great defense in earning majors in both matches. Next up...Jake Herbert.

197: Cook hasn't much offense but avoided bonus points yesterday. It will be interesting to see who takes the mat next weekend as whoever it is will likely be the Buckeye rep at Big Tens. Will Gardner get one more shot? Or will the Bucks stick with Cook as he could be the starter next season?

285: Morrison was overmatched against Wise but fought gamely to get off his back. Clearly he understood how important it was to limit the bonus points Illinois would receive. he's wrestled well the last few weekends as have the Bucks in general.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on February 17, 2009

Great synopsis, Hank. The Bucks seem to be putting it together at the right time.

Prater is dangerous. Did anybody see his match with Sulzer on BTN? The whole match was one big scramble.

For Pucillo to major Blanton is very nice to see. IMO, Blanton is the top true frosh in the country, ahead of Sentes and Welch.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 17, 2009

Pat: I did see Prater and Sulzer and that's how I knew what to expect from him.

Re: the top true frosh in the country--Andrew Howe is the clear #1. Blanton might be second best.

► Add to the Discussion