Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Watch Ohio State practice!!!
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 6, 2007

(In reference to a question posed by Nicholas Sestito)

Any time the football Buckeyes have a home game, like Kent State and Mich. State(?), you can watch the practices, at the Steelwood Training Facility.

If you're a high school wrestler, you can get on the mats afterwards and wrestle in the open mat session. I think it still costs money due to NCAA rules. You have to be a part of a club to be on their mats or something like that. I think the fee is $5 or $10...at least, that is what it was last year.

As for the practices...the earlier the game, the ealier the practice. Noon games put a practice at an 8am or 8:30am start time. A 3:30pm start time will push it back to 8:45 or 9. The practices usually last 2 hours.

If you go...

1) Get there early. Coach Ryan usually talks to the wrestlers, giving motivation and focus for that day, week, month, and/or season. Worth every bit of the day! After listening to him just a couple of times, it is obvious why student/athletes continue to sign on. It is also obvious as to why some have dubbed him the Next Dan Gable! <smile>

2) Do your best to stay out of the way. Last year I was up there and things were getting wild as far as drilling and wrestling goes. Nobody wants to be the guy that steps on a hand or trips an AA, breaking an ankle in the process.

2b) Turn the cell phone off or on vibrate. If you must answer it, go out in the hallway! Besides, this will give you an opportunity to view some of the finest pictures, posters and artwork every created!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3) Be ready to witness a great machine in motion.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion