Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Who should tOSU go after for 125
Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on March 12, 2009

Robinson or Sako? Also, is Thomusseit eyeing the buckeyes? Is it a known fact about Weakley also? Come on help a brutha out ;)

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 12, 2009

I think there's a good chance that Logan Stieber will be able to make 125 when he gets to Ohio State. I don't know that he'll be there all four years but his recruitment takes pressure off the Bucks to sign anyone immediately.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on March 12, 2009

He may not wrestle 125 for Monroeville next year, if Hunter grows any bigger. :)

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 12, 2009

Jamie Clark!!!!

Oops... I guess we missed out on that one :(

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on March 12, 2009

Anyone happen to remember why Jamie Clark chose Iowa State over Ohio State? Was it just because of Cael Sanderson?

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on March 12, 2009

I'm glad someone started this thread as I was thinking about it. Sako and Robinson would both be good prospects for future 125's. Another excellent prospect would be Ty Mitch. Mitch is excellent on his feet and seems to know how to step it up at the right time. Think it will depend on how these guys develop physically and in their wrestling. You can't discount Harrington and Touris waiting in the wings with college experience under their belt. I would have loved for the Buckeye's to have grabbed Jamie Clark as I dig his attacking style and thought he would develop well under the OSU staff. If Stieber ends up staying at 125 then he is your guy. I think it is also possible that Hunter Stieber jumps over Logan in weight.

I would've loved if we got Jamie Clark. Did I already say loved. I am still pissed we missed out on him and David Taylor but I don't want to bring up this bad taste in my mouth to you guys. I def think we need a 25lber who is dynamite on his feet. The problem with the past two blue chippers the buckeyes brought in for career 25 was they were/are terrible on their feet but were/are hammers on top. But at least now their is a coach for our lightweights (I guess that is another discussion, seriously how in the hell are you going to be a big time program with out a light weight coach, that's like the USC trojans without a quarterbacks coach I mean WTF)! Did I mention I am still pissed about Clark and Taylor (especially after watching states this past weekend). Bob where are you, where is that Evan Craig from PA looking at? Plus congrats to Kent and all the Ohio qualifiers!

Marlo: I'm enjoying the emotional tenor of your posts.

In fairness to the Bucks, they gave their best effort to get David Taylor. He decided to go to ISU. I don't know what the story was on Clark. I'm not sure how hard he was recruited by Ohio State.

Cael Sanderson has used his cache as America's greatest wrestler (in recent years) to recruit very well. In spite of their talent, however, ISU really hasn't accomplished any more than the Buckeyes over the last few seasons. It'll be interesting to see if Ohio State can finish ahead of them again at Nationals. It'll be tough.

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on March 12, 2009

Try to get Mitch, Robinson, and Sako. Then just take the first one who signs.

The Buckeyes also need to get cracking on that Witt for Jameson trade.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 12, 2009

" Bob where are you, where is that Evan Craig from PA looking at ?"
-----------------------------

Marlo,
Never fear, i'm always lurking close at hand, in the shadows.

Evan Craig, the PA 285 champ ? don't know, Buckeyes Not spending money on a 285 now anyway.

197 is the big budget expenditure right now. And wouldnt u know it, theres none out there, its a rare species. Think a junior Max Thomusseit .

i think the Buckeyes are hoping and thinking L Stieber is a 125, but i have my doubts. Regardless they are sick that Jamie Clark is leaving the state, believe me they would grab him in a second --- which further makes me feel they are Not confident L Stieber is a 125.

at any rate, why would u even want such a vast talent as L Stieber worrying about making wt for 4 years ???

I don't see Cael as a good coach, sorry but I just don't see the fire or motivation in him. I think that was/is the difference between him and Gable. Cael was straight up better athletically and technically than his opponents. Gable plain out worked his, he was a beast and it transitioned to his coaching. You could see it in his wrestlers. I like tOSUs coaching staff better and the head coach. Don't get me wrong Cael was a hell of a wrestler, but he really hasn't done anything special with the #1 recruiting class he recruited a couple of years ago. He just ain't no Gable or Brands! I think tOSU should always get the #1 recruit out of Ohio plain and simple. That is why Sunderland has to go! How do you let Oliver go out of state? If the Altons get away he better be toast! Jameson we def should keep! You don't get rid of Askren or Leen do you? Jameson if you read this PLEASE gain some muscle and weight and grow into 157 to 174! I think he can be special, he likes to have fun out there, that is in the same mode as Leen and Askren, just look at some of their matches just special always having fun!

Max Thomusseit would be an ideal recruit.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 12, 2009

Quote from Marlo Stanfield's post:

"I don't see Cael as a good coach, sorry but I just don't see the fire or motivation in him. I think that was/is the difference between him and Gable. Cael was straight up better athletically and technically than his opponents. Gable plain out worked his, he was a beast and it transitioned to his coaching. You could see it in his wrestlers. I like tOSUs coaching staff better and the head coach. Don't get me wrong Cael was a hell of a wrestler, but he really hasn't done anything special with the #1 recruiting class he recruited a couple of years ago. He just ain't no Gable or Brands! I think tOSU should always get the #1 recruit out of Ohio plain and simple. That is why Sunderland has to go! How do you let Oliver go out of state? If the Altons get away he better be toast! Jameson we def should keep! You don't get rid of Askren or Leen do you? Jameson if you read this PLEASE gain some muscle and weight and grow into 157 to 174! I think he can be special, he likes to have fun out there, that is in the same mode as Leen and Askren, just look at some of their matches just special always having fun!"

Cael not motivated?? Craziness! You don't go undefeated for 4 years not being motivated. Cael had the motor to go hard all 7 minutes, too. You don't get that without the motivation to train hard.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on March 12, 2009

1. Cael has shown a great deal of fire in the corner in my opinion. I see national titles in their future.

2. Ty Mitch may have impressed me more than anyone in Columbus last week. He is a junior wrestling 112. He is unreal on his feet. When I watched him in the semis, the only question I could ask was "who beat this kid?" That blast double was unreal, and looked unstoppable.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on March 12, 2009

Quote from Ethan Moore's post:

"1. Cael has shown a great deal of fire in the corner in my opinion. I see national titles in their future.

2. Ty Mitch may have impressed me more than anyone in Columbus last week. He is a junior wrestling 112. He is unreal on his feet. When I watched him in the semis, the only question I could ask was "who beat this kid?" That blast double was unreal, and looked unstoppable."

Mitch was wrestling with an attitude. He sure didn't waste any time in the matches I saw (quarters on). He wasn't going to be beat.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next