Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Discussion Topic: NCAA Tourney Thread
Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 21, 2009

"across the board" exactly. Well maybe this will provide a good foundation for future Buckeyes. I see Erickson & Keddy lost, so we'll see where we stand come finals.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ben Golden added to this discussion on March 21, 2009

It'll be tough. They are down 9.5 going into the finals. I could see Jaggers getting them another pin, which would be 6 team points. Metcalf will probably give Iowa about 5 team points. If Humphrey wins (which is anything but a foregone conclusion), it will probably be 4.5 team points. That puts us down 4 going into Pucillo/Herbert. Basically, all 3 guys will have to win titles for tOSU to win the team title, and we will need some bonus.

I really hate to say this because I love the guy, but if Sponseller hadn't dropped the ball and had AA'd, we probably would be in great position to win.

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on March 21, 2009

I hate to call Iowa "lucky", but they got two medical forfeits in the late wrestlebacks which were worth 8 points counting the placement points. Ohio state sure could have used those points. I don't get how receiving a forfeit in a tournament is equivalent to pinning your opponent. I think pinning is harder. Maybe it should be worth only one extra point.

I'm not going to call the Buckeyes lucky, because they beat all their opponents fair and square and they didn't receive any controversial calls. So go bucks, and pin all your guys in the finals. And go Caldwell, you are our only hope.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 21, 2009

You know, if I had to pick one guy to put against Metcalf (excluding a healthy Palmer) it would be Caldwell & those crazy moves of his. I know Metcalf didn't get caught the last time they wrestled, but no one of the conventional style can go with him. So Caldwell it is. Good luck.

Mark Palumbo added to this discussion on March 21, 2009

So did Kent have 2 AA's or more?

Brad Proudfoot added to this discussion on March 21, 2009

Kent had the two AA's: Jermail Porter 6th and Nic Bedelyon 8th.

Greg Debbe added to this discussion on March 21, 2009

I don't think you can possibly pin not getting a team title on Sponseller. You have to look at every OSU wrestler in the wrestle backs. Iowa earned tons of points in the wrestle backs. OSU only had I think 5 wins in the wrestle backs out of the 6 wrestlers who were there. I think you need to perform there. If Iowa wins it will be because they performed after they lost the first match. OSU did not. This was a great performance by the Buckeyes as a whole but they needed more wins in the wrestle backs.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on March 21, 2009

Ryan's online interview (buckeyewrestling.com) mentions Pucillo's hand injury, which almost caused him to miss the tourney altogether. Anyone have particulars? I noticed how bandaged his hand was last night.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 21, 2009

As we get ready to start tonights action I just want to say that it is great to even be in the discussion. . .for the second straight year. We just need more across the board scorers. Wasn't it out of reach before the finals last year?

Tme to rock and roll and see what our boys can do.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on March 21, 2009

Darrion Caldwell, national title! No title for Brent Metcalf!

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on March 21, 2009

Uh, somebody forgot to tell Caldwell he was supposed to loose tonight. I guess the way to beat Brent is go right after him. I can't believe what I just saw. Lightening can strike twice.

Now Mikey has to do the same...and we got a shot here!

But reiterate this, Mike needs a pin, right?

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on March 21, 2009

I think he will need a pin, but if Metcalf can loose 12-6...I'm not counting Mikey out of this. Herbert is a beast though. Can't wait to see this match. Have not heard yet whether Iowa is loosing a team point.

Last edited by Patrick Campbell on March 21, 2009; edited 1 time in total

John Flanigan added to this discussion on March 21, 2009

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"I think he will need a pin, but if Metcalf can loose 12-6...I'm not counting Mikey out of this. Herbert is a beast though. Can't wait to see this match. Have niot heard yet whether Iowa is loosing a team point."

The team point from Iowa means a major wins it.

Yeah...with an injured hand, I don't think Mike can manage a major. If he's going to win, it's either a regular decision or a pin. I'm praying for a pin!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next