Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Discussion Topic: NCAA Tourney Thread
Gary Corroto added to this discussion on March 24, 2009

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

" cease GaryS, I certainly have Not used the word "powerhouse", so WHY r u still bringing it up and trying to associate it with me ?

u say nothing was meant as sarcasm?? is this phrase you used sarcasm, I think it is: You posted, "to say they are a powerhouse because they no longer accept anyone with a pulse and a bankbook is going a bit too far." Thats not sarcasm ???"

It was not intended to be sarcasm. For a long time those, and as I corrected a high school diploma, were about all it took to get "accepted" into most Ohio public universities. Is it different now? Sounds that way. Does finally having real admissions standards make it a powerhouse? No, but it is certainly a step in the right direction.

I realize you never said "powerhouse", but you stepped into a thread where that was being discussed to defend the academics at OSU (sorry, but the "t" is just silly)."

Gary:

The "t" is used on many, many wrestling boards to distinguish tOSU (Ohio State) from OSU (Oklahoma State).

Add to the discussion and quote this      

John Flanigan added to this discussion on March 24, 2009

I would like to congratulate all the wrestlers for maknig the tourney, no matter where they competed. They worked hard and put on an excellent display of dedication and sportsmanship (for the most part).

I would also like to congratulate the Buckeyes for an excellent showing and making this fan proud to root for them. They competed like champions and were much closer to sealing the deal than most would have thought.

Finally, I would like to thank this website and the contributors to this forum. I had been away from the sport for many years, especially when I was living in Mexico, and you have kept me well informed. Still being out of Ohio, you have kept me in touch with wrestling and the fine young men who are working to achieve their dreams.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on March 24, 2009

Quote from Gary Corroto's post:

"

Quote from Gary Sommers's post:

"

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

" cease GaryS, I certainly have Not used the word "powerhouse", so WHY r u still bringing it up and trying to associate it with me ?

u say nothing was meant as sarcasm?? is this phrase you used sarcasm, I think it is: You posted, "to say they are a powerhouse because they no longer accept anyone with a pulse and a bankbook is going a bit too far." Thats not sarcasm ???"

It was not intended to be sarcasm. For a long time those, and as I corrected a high school diploma, were about all it took to get "accepted" into most Ohio public universities. Is it different now? Sounds that way. Does finally having real admissions standards make it a powerhouse? No, but it is certainly a step in the right direction.

I realize you never said "powerhouse", but you stepped into a thread where that was being discussed to defend the academics at OSU (sorry, but the "t" is just silly)."

Gary:

The "t" is used on many, many wrestling boards to distinguish tOSU (Ohio State) from OSU (Oklahoma State)."

Thanks. I always thought it was some reference to "the" Ohio State Univeristy.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15