Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: 141 Pounds
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 19, 2009

How bizarre is the manner this weight class has unfolded?

Let's start with who's lost: 1 seed Russell, 2 Tanelli, 4 Tsirtsis, 5 Hoehn, 9 Jantzen and 10 Thorn. All lost to lower or unseeded wrestlers.

Look at the top of this bracket: Ryan Prater v Ryan Williams (8), Drew Lashaway (12) v Alex Krom. One of these four guys will be an NCAA Finalist! Gallick and Jags square off tomorrow in the third quarter while unseeded Nick Nelson takes on Chris Drouin.

I can't recall a more bizarre weight class. Let's root for a Jaggers v Lashaway championship.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on March 20, 2009

I see the Gallick/Jaggers winner taking the weight, a match in which unfortunately I have to take Gallick.

Krom is the hot name on top. The InterMat/NWCA poll to end the year had him 10th, so he was like the first name outside the seeds. Certainly a golden opportunity for all four wrestlers on top. Ryan Williams is the best equipped to clear that, though I hope Lashaway does.

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on March 20, 2009

Jaggers v. Gallick is the national championship match... it's just happening two rounds too early.

On the topic about draws, I pointed out the Gallick match as the biggest one because I think he's the toughest match for J of anyone in that weight class. Gallick is unorthodox and he's strong. Watch out for the spladle.

Jaggers wins the title today.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 20, 2009

"Jaggers wins the title today."

yeh thats what i thought when Ryan Lang got to finals 2 years ago vs a relatively unknown California-Davis kid, a kid who had never placed higher than 5th in his state tourn. That kid dominated Lang .

overconfidence breeds upsets--- hope u r right though.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on March 20, 2009

Point well taken. You don't underestimate anyone at this point, no matter what their seed.

► Add to the Discussion