Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: 2009 USAW Senior National Tournaments (GR, MF, WF)
Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on April 11, 2009

Well I'm impressed that Logan actually blanked Obe in the first period, that's competitive. He's got one of the Ashmore boys up next.

Schlatter lost to Gavin in the semis: 0-3, 1-0, 2-0. Will face the winner between Cyler Sanderson and Jon Reader.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jack Muni added to this discussion on April 11, 2009

Lost to Ok. St. RSSR starter Blanc, but Stieber came back and beat Penn State's Pataky and will face Ok. St. backup Ashmore for the right to wrestle for 3rd place. So far, in the last 2 years, he has beaten the Iowa St. starter, the Minn. starter and now the Penn St. kid and he still has 1 more year of HS to go. Not too shabby. BTW, nice to see Hump's workout partner Shawn Bunch make it to the finals.

Stieber wins his match again Ashmore and will compete for 3rd while Schlatter wins his match against Reader and will also compete for 3rd.

Is Keith Gavin training in Columbus at all anymore? I remember seeing some videos of him in there going with a couple of Ohio State guys.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on April 11, 2009

I think he trains there intermittently, but he is not a resident of the RTC.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on April 11, 2009

A pretty good weekend by Ohio related wrestlers so far. Solid performances by Hazewinkle, Lester, Stieber, Bunch, Schlatter, and Bertolino, though I would have liked to see Schlatter and Stieber make the finals.

It's a shame Bergman and the OSU guys didn't show up this weekend.

Mike Hojnacki added to this discussion on April 12, 2009

Schlatter pins Churella for 3rd

Stieber also takes 3rd

Bill Splete added to this discussion on April 12, 2009

When is the last time an ohio junior(high school) did so well at the senior nationals. I don't want to make this a debate on who's the greatest. clearly logan is moving up. To jump levels and be successful is diffucult, but to jump to the highest level from high school, that is henry territory and rare. Since these kids are working so hard, we need to find out how we get espn on board for this tournament, Hats off To LSV. but we should be farther along. I know it takes dollars, but what usa wrestling needs is a strong marketing guy that doesn't turn the sport into something cheezy. I want to watch this on TV. Use vetern wrestling to generate add dollars( most dollars are spent on the ages(35-70) and maybe we get this on tv. I'm sure the old timers would gladly want to see the youth benefit from there age and dollars. These wrestlers are great and should be seen. there the toughest of the tough. Has a prize money idea ever been done? I think they do that in track and field. I think that might effect there competing status. Great job Logan.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on April 12, 2009

Yea, it was nice that LSN covered the tournament, but it was limited to 2 mats. And the Stieber/Blanc match was being shown, only to lose the feed on that mat for most of the match. I got to see a couple of double leg shots by Logan, then the transmission cut off. When it finally came back on line, there was a different match going on. It would be nice to be able to get at least 4 mats like ESPN360 did for the NCAAs.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2