Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Ohio University Questions
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 11, 2007

Just looked at the OU roster and noticed how inexperienced they are at the last three wt classes (lots of depth though). What happened to Larry Reichard? Also, Joe Tymoszczuk is gone.

I noticed Justin Powell is listed at 197. Can he make the weight? He was a thick 215 in high school.

It would appear the starting 285 will be Jason Marshall.

And 184 could end up being Brush 2x placer Chris Iammarino as he appeared to be the most talented of a young group.

I'd be interested in hearing what any OU fans have to say about their upper wt situation.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Kirk Nail added to this discussion on October 11, 2007

Although I am not an OU fan, I am a fan of some of their wrestlers. Particularly Jason Marshall. Beyond being a talented wrestler, I think Jason is good people. I wouldn't be shocked if he became a couple time AA under the guidance of Greenlee. The depth of talent they have at the middleweights, although young, could produce some solid wins. Keep an eye out for Adam Vaccari in the future, the kids work ethic is very strong and his heart and desire to win will only help him in the future.

Matt Fields added to this discussion on October 12, 2007

Heard Larry Reichard is not currently enrolled in school at OU. Do not know why though.

I also heard a rumor that Terry Jackson and Albert Madsen are both off the team. Now that I look on the roster and no longer see their names I guess that rumor is true.

But good things have been said about the recruiting class that has been brought in. All of the kids are hard workers and the future should be bright for the Bobcats.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 12, 2007

Jackson and Madsen are listed on the OW.net home page roster but not the OU website roster.

Losing these two would hurt.

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on October 13, 2007

They must've changed the website's roster just a few days ago because the roster I put up on here was the same as the website's. So... it appears that Jackson and Madsen are not on the roster.

Ethan Moore added to this discussion on October 13, 2007

I'm not an insider, but I have been told that Jackson and Madsen are still in school but just have lost the fire. Anyone who has played college sports knows that if you lose the love, its tough to go on competing. Here's wishing them both well and hopefully they stay on course to graduate.

OU had a solid class last year, and a couple of those guys may be immediate contributors. I have heard great things about Germane Lindsey and Powell in the workouts, perhaps they may see action this year.

Quentin Keyes may be the new starter at 133.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 13, 2007

I think Lindsey is a marvelous talent. He just needs to develop more consistency when it comes to winning tough matches. College wrestling may prove beneficial to him in that he'll face good competiton all the time. I think that's what he needs and that he can do very well at this level.

Powell reminds me of Steve Mocco. Not a very diverse offense but strong as a horse and very difficult to score on. My only question is where will he compete? He's short for D1 285. Can he make 197? And will his offensive style play well there?

A few more questions for OU people:

1) Who will likely start at 184?
2) Who's likely to start at 141?
3) With Terry Jackson gone (that's a big blow), is Quentin Keyes ready to go? Or will one of the talented 125's be moving up?

Hank - good questions.

I see the line up looking like this, but this is pure conjecture.

125 - Metcalf
133 - Keyes
141 - Lindsey
149 - Flake
157 - Frerichs
165 - Ison
174/184 - Knapp/Love/Freshman (Schuth? (great sign from NY) Iammarino?)
197 - Powell
285 - Marshall

This is 100% guess on my part. There is some great young talent in the room, and about 35 kids. Strong numbers.

Losing Jackson is a set back.

On a side note, I saw on another forum and checked, it appears that Dustin Kilgore is not on Kent's roster. Was this an onversite by their SID? Anyone know? Hopefully it was indeed an oversite.

Thanks.

Also, forgot to mention, I would think Anthony Ciraky would have some say in who is slotted in the 165-184 corridor.

Luke Moore added to this discussion on October 14, 2007

Greenlee and crew have put together two real tough recruiting classes and I think they will turn the corner very soon. They will most likely have a young lineup again but will come to compete. They will be real tough at 149-174 with starters back at each spot. 125 will be solid with the return of Metcalf. Losing Jackson and Madsen will hurt but I think they have a lot of talent there to replace them. 184-285 are all question marks with some youth in there, but again, all weights will be filled by guys that can compete. It should be a fun year to watch the Bobcats.

Matt Fields added to this discussion on October 15, 2007

Seth Morton is moving up to 133, making the spot at 133 between Seth Morton and Quentin Keyes.

At 141, Germane Lindsey and the NY kid (Fennell) are battling it out for the spot.

149 is all Tucker.

174 and 197 are up for grabs. Antione Love is moving up to 184.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 15, 2007

Wouldn't Ryan Knapp be the most likely starter at 174 (with Love moving up)? Or would it be a battle between him and Ciraky? Ison really came into his own last season. Hard to imagine anyone unseating him at 165.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on October 16, 2007

Is Reedy not going to start this year? I would love to see him and Lindsey do battle in the room for that starting spot, both would bring some great things to the Bobcat Lineup.

Matt Fields added to this discussion on October 16, 2007

Reedy has outgrown 141. He can not make it and will be at 149.

Ryan Knapp will probably be the starter at 174.

► Add to the Discussion