Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Discussion Topic: Recruitment Began Today
Josh Lowe added to this discussion on July 9, 2009

Let's put it this way, Clark gave a commit to Iowa State under the old staff. Much of the commitments from Iowa State did not cross over. Taylor and Macchiaroli left to go to Penn State (incoming freshmen), and Cyler Sanderson transfered; to be fair, Weatherman and Beard honored their fall LOI's to Iowa State.

Put it this way, if Clark was still committed to Iowa State, it would have come up on InterMat -- just based on user comments.

My guess is that his recruitment is totally open-ended, and that more will come as he recovers from whatever medical ailments have kept him out this spring/summer off-season.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on July 10, 2009

The question I really have when it comes to Jamie Clark is if he'll really be a 125 lber in college? He'll at be 119/125 for his senior season right? It's seemed to me that the majority of guys pack on the pounds a bit when they hit the weight and wrestling rooms in college. I've only seen a few people compete their whole career at 125 successfully, Donahoe for one, and a few others. Can Jamie Clark do the same?

John Ice added to this discussion on July 10, 2009

Watch out for Jamie Clark looking at Illinois.

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on July 10, 2009

Jamie Clark and Sam White as drill partners would be dynamite for the Illini - maybe as good or better than the days of two-time national runner-up Kyle Ott and All-American Mark Jayne, another awesome Ohio duo at 125 and 133. That's a tall order to live up to!

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on July 10, 2009

The pull of a St. Ed alum is strong it appears.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 10, 2009

Kyle Ott, when healthy, might have been the best lightweight in Ohio hs history. He was simply astonishing to watch. He was a national finalist and multiple AA in spite of an array of injuries.

Wonder if Heffernan will take over for McFarland as that Big Ten coach that always seems to snare Eds studs. Ohio State has held that title the last few years (Nemec, the Palmers).

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 10, 2009

"Kyle Ott, when healthy, might have been the best lightweight in Ohio hs history"
-------------------------------------
Ott, so true, so very very fast, and so able to lower his level and corner opponent --then blast with double leg. Amazing he was twice NCAA runnerup on one good leg.

McFarland not conceding anything, Michigan had 3-day wrestling camp at st Eds last week.

Cael licking his lips too--- when he came to Ironman 3 years ago, afterwards he told me "I'll take those first 3 at 103 and Collin Palmer right now." ---- those first 3 at 103 were David Taylor, Logan Stieber and Jamie Clark. Cael knows talent.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4