Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Ohio State Wrestle-off Preview?
Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on October 16, 2007

And when (Days and Times) are the wrestling practices normally? I'm interested in stopping in at some point and watching our boys go at it.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 16, 2007

Today - Oct. 16 - (I'll be there!!!) 2:30pm @ the Steelwood Training Facility.

Saturday before home football games only : The early the football game the earlier the practice. This Saturday has a 10am start time.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on October 16, 2007

Does anyone know where the wrestle-offs will be held? And what time?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 16, 2007

There are two (and maybe three) sets of wretle-offs. The last one (the one that matters) will be held on Thursday, October 25th at 8pm. This will be at St. John's Arena on campus. Admission is $5 unless (I think) you are a part of the Coaches' Clinic that is taking place that Thursday and Friday.

As for the practice today...WOW!!!!!!!! And just to toot my own horn, The team had 3 - 10mins goes. Weakley went with Pucillo first then pointed to Coach Thatcher for the second. For the third he grabbed him again. This time he did some more shooting, but Ross, he and hs wiley ways, was able to land one big - scratch that - HUGE duck, that landed John on his side. From there Ross ran him over.

But, as I said earlier, he caled him out and wanted Coach. If he keeps that kind of attitude, he'll be something fierce over the next 4 years.

Palmer/Nemec - Always a treat. Palmer is amazing on top.
Nemec/Sponseller - they rolled today and it was non-stop action. Nobody really got the better of the other. Things were kind of even. The best part of the go was Coach Heskett screaming "Keep wrestling, don't stop, don't give up there, great motion, keep working" and watching the kids respond in a positive way. I'm loving being a Buckeye wrestling fan right now.

Jaggers/Coach Rouselli - Coach is SWEET!!! Jaggers was able to hold his own though. I think with his natural talent and Coach R's instruction, even being in the 2nd toughest weight class, could place top 4. His motion and scrammbling abilities are incredible.

Pucillo/Weakley - Out of fear of saying anything negative about John Weakley which will lead me to being eaten by him, I'll just say it was a great go.

Weinrich/Morrison - If these two wrestle off on Thursday night (I don't think Morrison is dropping to 197), it could be one of the most entertaining matches of the night. Great ability for both wrestlers and kind of contrasting in style.

I'm having a little trouble picking out Harrington, Touris and a few other lightweights. I never hear their name said and, being the central Ohio guy that I am, I never see their name and face in the same spot.

Chris Shepherd added to this discussion on October 23, 2007

Mark,
Your insight into the program is great! Keep em' coming. See ya at St. Johns. -Shep

Don Mahon added to this discussion on October 25, 2007

Just read on another site Colt Sponseller broke his wrist. Can anyone confirm?

Brent Rastetter added to this discussion on October 25, 2007

I read that also, hope that if it is true he recovers quickly. I have had both the pleasure (and displeasure!!! LOL) of watching Colt dismantle one of my wrestlers at our conference tournament the last 3 years, he is something special to watch. With the wrestling room OSU has put together and Colt's relentless attitude I see him doing great things during his college career.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 25, 2007

Colt Sponseller suffered an injury. He should be back in the lineup before December.

Last edited by Hank Kornblut on October 25, 2007; edited 1 time in total

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on October 25, 2007

I hope this doesn't effect his season too much. Hopefully he gets to keep his conditioning up high and break his opponents like he can.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on October 25, 2007

Tonight we will learn alot more about where a lot of the team stands against each other. I am looking forward to the Triggas/Harrington match probably the most.

The 133 match will be a battle I have a feeling. Humphries could he end up being the starter with Enright being injured right now? They have some serious depth at 133 with these 3 guys all would be considered NCAA qualifiers IMO.

The 285 battle should be very entertaining as both are lighter 285s that can move and shoot on their opponents. Should be a great battle between these two wrestlers.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2