Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Jamie Clark
Scott Nicola added to this discussion on August 7, 2009

Think about this lineup (this presumes that the guys with three titles win a fourth)...

125: Logan Stieber - 4 state titles
133: Jamie Clark - 3 state titles
141: Ian Paddock - 4 state titles in New York
149: Collin Palmer - 4 state titles
157: Tony Jameson - 4 state titles
165: Sean Nemec - 3 state titles
174: Colt Sponseller - 3 state titles
184: Nick Heflin / Peter Capone - 1 state title each
197: C.J. Magrum - 3 state titles
285: John Hiles - Junior National Greco-Roman Champ

By my count that would be 29 state titles in the starting lineup. Not too shabby.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on August 7, 2009

I hope they redshirt Sponseller this year to let him grow to 174! I think the weight may be an issue with him, just think he starts off blazing and then slows down at the end of the year. 174 would be perfect for him!

Brad Perkins added to this discussion on August 7, 2009

Marlo, you make a good point but that could really hurt the Buckeyes' goal of winning a national championship this year.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on August 7, 2009

Did Paddock win four? I think I read just yesterday on the TOSU website that he won three.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on August 7, 2009

Regarding high school accomplishments: All these state titles don't guarantee a great team but seems to indicate the improvements in recruiting under Tom Ryan since his arrival. Coach Ryan adds solid talent on a yearly basis.

Some grist for the mill...

A post on TheMat.com discussed a recent recruiting trip by Coach Ryan into central Pennsylvania. The poster and several subsequent commenters stated that Tom Ryan visited Josh Kindig, Mike Evans and Marshall Peppelman (or is it Walter--I get them confused). The Buckeyes are believed to be close to landing Kindig. In terms of ability, he could be considered comparable to Collin Palmer. Evans would make a nice upperweight addition while Peppelman would make for a great future 165.

I doubt the Buckeyes will land all three of these guys but two would be outstanding. If you had a recruiting class with two of them, Stieber and Clark, it would be a top 5 class nationally. And if you're wondering why Coach Ryan is making a trip to central Pennsylvania, the answer is that the Pennsylvania senior class of 2010 is fabulous. Penn State has already landed the guys they want; the rest of this terrific class is up for grabs.

Remember when great Ohio kids frequently went to Penn State? Now, great Pennsylvania kids are being actively recruited by Ohio State and Kent State.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on August 7, 2009

Kindig and Peppleman (it is Marshall) would be the more highly recruited prospects but Evans would be in more of an area of need (174/184).

Kindig is fantastic and would be a great pickup but the Bucks presumably have alot of money tied up in his projected weight (141/149). Peppleman is fantastic and would be a great signing particularly if he continues to grow into a 165/174. I wasn't as familar with Evans prior to reading on TheMat.com but I did some research and he is the real deal (really good on top and has a mean streak).

Go get 'em, Coach Ryan!

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2