Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Bishop Hartley Youth and Middle School Club
Scott Shaw added to this discussion on October 16, 2007

Bishop Hartley will once again sponsor a youth wrestling program beginning with the first practice on November 19.

We will run a young kids program along with a jr high club team. The jr high team has a full competition schedule.

We finished with 41 wrestlers overall last year. Information is available at any of the Eastside Catholic grade schools or you can come to either one of the sign-ups on Nov. 12 or 14 ( 6:30pm). Any questions, contact Paul Petrella 751-1315 or Kevin Petrella 578-4208.

I have posted this for the "Coaches Petrella." I hope that any Columbus eastsider or southsider will consider joining this club. The Hawks have steadily improved over the past 5 or so years and the initiation of this club a couple of years ago is another step in the right direction. The young kids compete in Duals with the other Central Catholic League youth teams from Bishop Ready, DeSales, Watterson, and St. Charles. This is the first season for a full competition schedule for the Middle School Club team and that should be great. The focus of this club is to have fun and teach the fundamentals that these young athletes need to become future champions. My son Cael will be there. I hope to see you there.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Anthony Petrella added to this discussion on October 18, 2007

This program is great for the young kids, I've seen it in action. The coaching staff is great. This program will be a big part to Hartley's continuing success. Instead of hoping for 1 guy to make it to state. Hartley SHOULD have State Place winners in Petrella, Fusco, Addis, and Zang. I only expect this program to get better and better.

Brendan Moody added to this discussion on October 18, 2007

The first question that comes to my mind is: will there be any appearances by Tommy Rowlands? His sister Megan is the head softball coach there. Better yet, maybe they should have Megan put the boys through some workouts... she was a great athlete herself.

Scott Shaw added to this discussion on October 24, 2007

The dates of the sign-up have been changed to Monday, Oct. 29 and Wednesday, Oct. 31. Same time as before just a change of date.

Scott Shaw added to this discussion on October 29, 2007

Don't forget Columbus east and southsiders, Bishop Hartley Youth and Middle School sign-ups are tonight at 6:30.

They will also have sign-ups on the originally scheduled dates in Nov. for those that have trick-or-treating this week and can't make it.

► Add to the Discussion