Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: What's next for the Ohio Wrestling Network?
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 11, 2009

Quote from Brad Proudfoot's post:

"
BTW, a "thank you" and "God Bless" to our current and former men and women in uniform on this Veteran's Day."

True dat!

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Adelman added to this discussion on November 11, 2009

I also think "If ain't broke, don't fix it"!!
Boy Veterans day is a tough one for me. I just came back from my daughter's grave and it is tough. Thank god for the people who protect our country!!

Jeff Cole added to this discussion on November 11, 2009

Dan & Pat,
Have you worked out the bugs of posting videos on the site...I would love to be sending you some of the greatest high school matches we have here at Cable 9, but I know there was a technical roadblock and am wondering if that problem was rectified. I feel you could receive much more "traffic" if we could start that connection again. Just a thought!

Jeff

Brad Roff added to this discussion on November 11, 2009

First and foremost, a happy Veterans Day to all and my thanks to any and all Veterans that are reading this tonight as well as those who have gone before. We owe them so much!

I have been reading this site for quite a while but I did not register until recently and had not posted until tonight. Bob P. asked for more involvement from the readers so here I am.

I appreciate the informed and insightful comments as well as the level of respect exhibited. The accoutability involved when using your real name instead of hiding as a guest is the key and I'm glad it's set up the way it is. Cleveland.com was a great site for a long time but things got out of hand due to a few anonymous fools. Keep things as they are and I intend to continue to participate and, hopefully, make a positive contribution to the forum.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on November 11, 2009

Jeff Cole sounds like he's on to something there.

John Fayette added to this discussion on November 12, 2009

This forum is awesome. I don't visit as much as I should but do appreciate the info. supplied.

Tom Elmer added to this discussion on November 12, 2009

Not all users post real names ( I know one on here uses the moniker of a charector on the Wire but he is a great poster and contibutor so thats no big deal) but accountability has made this the best wrestling web site as far as civil discourse.

Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on November 12, 2009

Who uses a moniker from that great show "The Wire," let's put him in a vacant! Who's with me?

Tom Elmer added to this discussion on November 12, 2009

Must be a fan of one of the best shows ever on televison Marlo.

Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on November 12, 2009

Here I thought someone was using "Stringer Bell" but I guess not. Loved that show, miss it!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 12, 2009

"Boy Veterans day is a tough one for me. I just came back from my daughter's grave and it is tough. Thank god for the people who protect our country!!"
----------------------------

Mark Adelman,
yes i was told your daughter died in the service of our country--- i cant completely but i do TRY to understand your feelings (i was with the 101st Airborne in Viet in 1965-66. But i was a lucky one and every year at this time i ask myself why?)

as always America owes alot to a few, and your daughter is one we owe alot too. Thank you. s/BobP

Mark Adelman added to this discussion on November 12, 2009

Thanks for the comments Bob.!! They are appreciated.

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on November 14, 2009

First and foremost I definitely want to echo Brad and everyone else who gave a big, "THANK YOU!" to the veterans. This week is about giving thanks to the men and women putting their lives on the line so that we can do stuff like posting on wrestling forums.

Regarding all of the other stuff...
I haven't been able to get on here all that much this week. I guess that old, "miss a day, miss a lot," slogan from the Plain Dealer applies here.

Thanks to everyone for all of the positive feedback! We really appreciate it.

We will never charge a membership fee. No way, no how.

We do all that we do for the love of the sport. After the radio show was done for the season, I cut off all paid ads (those were for the radio station). We don't get a dime for running this website and we don't need to. Nobody is in this sport to get rich. It is an awesome sport and we want to give back however we can.

We are a medium for news but (for the most part) we don't originate the news reports. If we were going to charge, we would have a responsibility to originate. That is just not going to happen because we don't have the time. Besides, there is SO MUCH great stuff out there, whether it is news from wrestling programs, coaches, wrestlers, fans, media outlets, etc. We're an outlet for the Ohio wrestling community and each one of us that contributes is a member of that community. Nobody is benefitting from this website in any way except for the enjoyment we get from promoting and discussing the sport.

It has been an awesome experience to build the website from the ground up and reach out as far as we have! And we're far from finished. (The only disappointing thing is that I've been guilty of setting my goals too high in terms of how much time myself and others have to use on it. It has gotten progressively less and less. That's life. I'd love to spend all my time on wrestling but that is just not feasible.)

The Cable 9 videos are absolute gold! Jeff and his staff are doing an awesome job with their coverage. I just don't have the time and resources at this point to transfer them. If someone else (Cruiser?) could do it, that would be awesome.

Getting the text formatting options back (bold, underline, italics) is a coding issue. When I stripped the code down to its most basic form, those options went kaput. I will be able to work on that in mid-to-late December. Getting a link at bottom is duly noted. That is a coding issue as well but it's a very easy one.

Mark Adelman added to this discussion on November 14, 2009

Listening to Neil Diamond and reading the last reply very slowly!!

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on November 15, 2009

I agree with Dan that lofty goals have been one shortcoming. If only we had been able to do all the things that Dan and I have discussed doing with the site/beyond- ha. A lot of that comes in with the fact that when we got involved with this- we were relatively care/responsibility free- or at least moreso than now. Life gets in the way of hobbies, unfortunately.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next