Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: An Apology and Results
Dave Ressler added to this discussion on July 16, 2007

Okay here it goes…

First, I want to apologize to all the wrestlers, parents and fans that came to the 2nd Annual Longhorn Round Robin for the major delay in starting the tournament. It was totally my fault for the delayed start. Here is the reason and rest assured this is not an excuse. I entered all the names and weights into the computer as I received them from the coaches. I had 87 pre-registered in the computer. Then from 8-9:30 I entered the 40+ that walked in. When I went to input them into the tournament itself they were all gone. I’ve been backing them up all week and the backup on the hard drive and the flash drive did the same thing. 0 wrestlers and 1 team name appeared. Now it was 10:15 and I started over entering the names and weights and making mini tournaments. As soon as I got 108 and 112 done we sent them out to wrestle. When I got to 130 we started getting people telling us that they were not on the brackets. I then discovered that not all the wrestlers had turned in their registration forms at the table. We had to move some wrestlers up weight classes to get them into the tournament. Once round one was in the computer the rest of the day went smoothly. Unfortunately we were now running two hours behind schedule. The tournament ended at 5:00 and should’ve been done by 3:00. Again I apologize for that.

Thank you to all the wrestlers and parents that showed patience and understanding. Once we got going the tournament went very well. It was twice as big as last year.

Wrestlers: You wrestled great, respected the officials, your competition and our facility. Thanks for being patient with our delayed start.

Officials: Tremendous job, I did not get one complaint! You were outstanding, patient and fair. Thank You! Sorry for the extra two hours you had to put in. I forgot to get you shirts so remind me this season.

Volunteers: A huge thank you. Without your time and effort this tournament does not happen. Scorers, Boppers, Timers, Concessions, Registration, Weigh-ins and Admissions were great. Thank you!

After we cleaned up I took five guys down to Suplex City in Mount Gilead. What an awesome place. Coach Tinch has created an unbelievable concept. The facility was great, Sergei stayed late for us since we didn’t arrive until 8:00. Their wrestlers and staff were very welcoming. The tournament the next day had some great competition. I am 110% behind supporting Coach Tinch and Suplex City. Every wrestler should go down or up and check out the tournaments and camps they have. Go to www.suplexcity.com .
You can check out how well they did at our tournament below to see what a great program Sergei and Coach Tinch have put together.

Again thank you wrestlers for participating. My goal in my note last year was to have 14-16 classes filled with six wrestlers each. This year we had 18 classes all filled with 6 wrestlers. If you were able to stay the extra long day you got 5 matches in. I’m sorry if you had to leave early. I hope you will be able to come back for the Northeast Ohio Championship Wrestling Camp hosted by Chris Vondruska and featuring the four All-Americans from Ohio State. August 6-9th. Limited to 50 wrestlers per session. High School Session runs from 1pm to 3:30pm. Registration forms are available online. <sign_oh>
Here are the results:

1st- Andrew Higgens Suplex City
2nd- Camron Ellis Team Gridiron
3rd- Joey Sarnecki Loveland

1st- Zach Walker Copley
2nd- Dan Provoznik Wellington
3rd- Isaiah Wheeler Copley

119A
1st- Jeremy Dombrady Copley
2nd- Matt Morrill Young Guns (Michigan)
3rd- Corey Mykolaitis Young Guns

119B
1st- Zack Tinch Suplex City
2nd- Colin Dennis Lutheran West
3rd- Matt Mahoney Rocky River

1st- Charley Hill Suplex City
2nd- Donovan Carter Nordonia
3rd- Michael Pritt Brookside

1st- Shawn Walker Copley
2nd- Nick Torres Valley Forge
3rd- Pat Mahoney Rocky River

1st- James Coulter Suplex City
2nd- Josh Ackerman Margaretta
3rd- Drew Liechty Fairview

1st- Kyle Marrone Parma
2nd- Kyle Nickel Bay Village
3rd- Chris Everhart Suplex City

145A
1st- John Dittrich Copley
2nd- Pat Kovacs Cloverleaf
3rd- T.J. Lewins Rocky River

145B
1st- Kevin Nycz University of Findlay
1st- Eric Bednash Lutheran West
3rd- Joseph Tayeh Valley Forge

1st- Cornell Carter Nordonia
2nd- Dan Accorti Elyria Catholic
3rd- Jon Garrison Copley

160A
1st- Christian Ortoloni SSMCC
2nd- John Fraley Streesboro
3rd- Joe Rydzinski ?????

160B
1st- Corey Carlo Fairview
2nd- Steve Timoteo Copley
3rd- Tyler Melick Suplex City

1st- Devin Henry Westlake
2nd- George Murray Hudson
3rd- Mike Cantu St. Ed’s

1st- Nick Whitenburg Bedford
2nd- Ryan Wasylik SSMCC
3rd- Stephen Shubeck Fairview

1st- Colin McHugh Lutheran West
2nd- Matt Snyder Brooklyn
3rd- Josh Roberts Wellington
3rd- Harlan Page Bay Village

Open Light
1st- Adam Sarniki
2nd- Gary Chaney
3rd- Nick Retay
3rd- Izzy Reyes

Open Heavy
1st- Dave Sweeny
2nd- Aaron Sims
3rd- Paul Raspet
3rd- Matt Dublin

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Elliot Lewis added to this discussion on July 17, 2007

I used a computer ONCE <badcomputer> for a tournament. I had 71 weight classes and once all the data entry started the thing went to a crawl. Printers too. Nothing will ever beat the old fashion way. Not as pretty but not as embarrasing.

Suplexcity is the real deal! Sergei is the man.
Check out that website!

Deke Gunsolley added to this discussion on July 19, 2007

Dave,

Anyone who's ever ran a wrestling tournament can sympathize with your situation... Bracket re-draws, wrestlers not showing up, or leaving without notice, computer glitches ... Some situations can't be predicted or prevented... You did the best you could under extreme pressure...

Once you got everything going... the rest of the tournament went very smoothly...

On the positive note... the wrestlers who were there were given some "extra rest time" in between the opening rounds... <smile>

Dave Ressler added to this discussion on July 19, 2007

Thanks Deke!

As always you guys did a great job. See me this season for your shirts I forgot to give you at the tournament.

► Add to the Discussion