Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Downloading Videos
Tony Salisbury added to this discussion on October 23, 2007

I coach HS down here in Rock Hill, SC. We're about 20 minutes south of Charlotte, NC. When you come from Ohio, you can see how it night and day the wrestling really is down south. I am trying to put a couple of good DVD's together for my kids to watch and some good matches. I was wondering if we are allowed to download the vidoes from the Multimedia section? Or can some of you guys on here maybe send me some? Our season begins Oct. 29th and just going over the vidoes we have to look at here on OW.Net, I would love to download some and burn them. I understand if I can't but it would be a great help. Any ideas or comments or any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again, Tony S.

*Coached my first State Champ last year! 103lb Fresh. We just opened this HS 3 years ago and last year was our first year of varsity competition.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on October 24, 2007

Tony:
Since it is much easier to access them via the internet, I don't keep the hard copies handy. If you find a way to download them, they're all yours to share with your team. Let us know how you do it because I'm sure a lot of people are interested in knowing. I know I am. I believe Andy Vogel knows how to do this. I'll try to get in contact with him today.

Leo Zimmer added to this discussion on October 24, 2007

Most of the video links here are flash video... which means downloading them takes special software. If you planned on downloading them and putting them on a DVD so your wrestlers can just pop them into the DVD player at home, that might be difficult.

Try this website for help...

http://www.orbitdownloader.com/How-to-Download-Embedded-Flash-Video.htm

Best of luck to you and your wrestlers!

Tony Salisbury added to this discussion on October 25, 2007

Thanks for the helps guys. Most if not all of the OW.net vids are from youtube and I have no clue how to get them. I wasn't sure if they were posted by a mod on this site so I was just seeing what I could find out. Dan, if you contact Andy my email is tonysalisbury@hotmail.com
Thanks again for your help! This weekend we are hosting a clinic with UNC head coach CD Mock and some of his wrestlers. It's a great clinic but I really want to put a few DVD's for the kids to see. I could only wish the wrestling in SC would get anywhere close to the attention it gets in OH. It's definiley a work in progress but coming from Ohio and wrestling at Mt.Union, I am hoping to get our kids here dedicated as I used to be. Hate to use that "when I was your age" saying but if I can get them in the realm of what I used to go through, man the sky is the limit! Thanks again!

Tony Rotundo added to this discussion on October 25, 2007

Tony,

This utility is supposed to allow you to download (rip) YouTube videos:

http://www.ripzor.com/youtuberipper.html

Good luck.

Jeff Cole added to this discussion on October 29, 2007

Tony, if you e-mail me, I'll send you the finals of the last 6 state meets here from Ohio, as our station tapes them. I'll put them on DVD for you.

Jeff Cole
Cable 9
jgcole@cable9.org

► Add to the Discussion