Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Whaddya Do With Weakley?
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 29, 2007

Bump.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Cliff Cahill added to this discussion on October 30, 2007

what am I missing here - one guy goes to open where there are ex college wrestlers and does it on his own without team support while the other takes on the likes of
Notre Dame
Anderson University
Cumberland University
in a team support environment. John won the wrestle off. Use to be that was the advantage to the sport of wrestling over the subjective type sports of baseball. It seems there are only two reasons to red shirt John. One is the staff decided he is not technically ready (meaning he is physical and intense enough for college wrestling as seen in the wrestle offs) or it is a wait to next year thing. From what I saw he is good to go for 4 years and then use the would of been red shirt money for reloading one year earlier. Let the two fight it out all year long alternating starts as it seems it would cost the same and both would get real college experience at the same time. Why not start gray shirting and stop the red shirting. Guess what happens when it takes 5 years these days to graduate with first 4 years on varsity - yep the 5th year your in the room bringing up the reload group.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 30, 2007

Cliff:
I didn't realize that UTC duals featured Cumberland and Anderson. UTC doesn't look strong either although they're more formidable than the other two.
I have a hard time following what you're saying. You seem to be advocating for Ohio State to wrestle the best guy whether or not he's a true frosh. But I'm not so sure I agree esp. with regards to Nemec and Weakley. Both are at weights where an upperclassman can start. If they're clearly the best than I get it. But if it's really close, there's a lot to consider.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2