Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Discussion Topic: Ohio State vs. Iowa Results
Dan Ransick added to this discussion on February 20, 2010

It seems like after Nemec lost at 157 the wheels fell off and fast. They had no answer for anything that the Hawkeyes threw at them.

I think Magrum is a 184 lb nex year he is just way to small to go up against the big boys at 197 but he is the best option there.

Pucillo still not looking like himself due to injuries, health, etc.

Palmer looks like he knows what he has to do to beat Metcalf. Keep it close and get that one takedown against him.

Nemec I think with the injury he is coming off of looked fatigued but give it a couple weeks.

Morningstar is the most boring wrestler to watch. Does nothing and knows how to stop any offense too.

Overall know one is going to stop Iowa this year unless they fall apart at NCAA's. Let the race for 2nd begin.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 20, 2010

I think most of us saw the match similarly. Some close losses for the Bucks but the common denominator is that they were all losses.

Lance wrestled Metcalf closer than on any previous occasion. I still don't know why he was unable to finish that double leg. One second he was in deep and then it was gone.

Lance and Colt need to break through on their feet vs Metcalf and Morningstar respectively. They're likely to see them again in the weeks to come.

I thought Magrum had the two on his shrug as it appeared that Lofthouse touched down for a split second.

Derek Gainey--I have one word for you. Ready? Here it is: Shhh.

Derek Gainey added to this discussion on February 20, 2010

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"I think most of us saw the match similarly. Some close losses for the Bucks but the common denominator is that they were all losses.

Lance wrestled Metcalf closer than on any previous occasion. I still don't know why he was unable to finish that double leg. One second he was in deep and then it was gone.

Lance and Colt need to break through on their feet vs Metcalf and Morningstar respectively. They're likely to see them again in the weeks to come.

I thought Magrum had the two on his shrug as it appeared that Lofthouse touched down for a split second.

Derek Gainey--I have one word for you. Ready? Here it is: Shhh."

I don't get the shhh??? unless im getting under your skin because of my views.. Are you ready?????? im not done.......lol Relax...it will be ok

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on February 21, 2010

derek: You're confusing bravado with wisdom. Ultimately, it's your choice as to how you conduct yourself. But you do make things tougher for other buckeye fans who talk responsibly about the team. You don't score points by riling up the Iowa fans and their sycophants. You just give some nasty people an excuse to behave badly.

Derek Gainey added to this discussion on February 22, 2010

"derek: You're confusing bravado with wisdom. Ultimately, it's your choice as to how you conduct yourself. But you do make things tougher for other buckeye fans who talk responsibly about the team. You don't score points by riling up the Iowa fans and their sycophants. You just give some nasty people an excuse to behave badly."

I don't know you but i know your kind....don't be a control freak.....take you own inventory......Take a look at you...Do you like what you see?? ...Leave me alone and and don't read my post if you cant take what i write. Hint #1...The Big Ten in coming up.....Im going to talk about it.Hint #2 When you see my name .....don't click on it.......OK
have a good day
derek

John Taylor added to this discussion on February 22, 2010

Derek,

Do you think if everyone is telling you the same thing, that they may be right? Just a question.

Michael Rodriguez added to this discussion on February 22, 2010

Derek Gainey...If you don't mind me asking, why is that always your stock rebutal when someone questions one of your posts? It would seem to me that people who post online do so for the conversation with others. they do it for the back and forth, the debate and discussion. But when anyone questions your posts you basically tell them not to read your stuff.

I disagree with almost everything you write on these forums(both local and National), but that isn't a big deal, that's what forums are all about. I think you come off as naive and at times delusional. But that's par for the course on wrestling forums. What sets you apart though, is your complete unwillingness to defend your own statements. I have no problem with you having an opinion that's different then mine, but instead of deflecting others who question your methods, why not stand by your words and defend your opinions?

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Derek Gainey...If you don't mind me asking, why is that always your stock rebutal when someone questions one of your posts? It would seem to me that people who post online do so for the conversation with others. they do it for the back and forth, the debate and discussion. But when anyone questions your posts you basically tell them not to read your stuff.

I disagree with almost everything you write on these forums(both local and National), but that isn't a big deal, that's what forums are all about. I think you come off as naive and at times delusional. But that's par for the course on wrestling forums. What sets you apart though, is your complete unwillingness to defend your own statements. I have no problem with you having an opinion that's different then mine, but instead of deflecting others who question your methods, why not stand by your words and defend your opinions?"

Well...people can have their own opinion on what i write, but when they tell me or kind of demand what i should or shouldnt write how i feel about a teams chance of winning is crazy. For instance, a lot of OSU fans said that OSU had a 0% chance of winning. I disagree. Some OSU fans said that most of the OSU wrestlers would give up a tech or major. I really thought OSU had a chance against Iowa, and im sure the team felt the same way. I know people will disagree with some or all of my views. On defending my own statements...well....some of those matches were closer than people thought,but close just doesnt count. When i give my opinion i don't have to defend my statements. I might be right or i might be wrong. There are some people that are soooo controling that it killed them to hear me write about Jameson. They asked me why i don't write about anybody else because jameson didnt make a name form himself yet in college...meaning he isn't a All- American like some other wrestlers. Some said that i should write about other wrestlers from OSU. I tried to go with the flow and mix it up. Then a brainless wrestling fan said i was 2 timing jameson with palmer ....lolololololo. So....with that said....i will continue to share my views on wrestling.... If it bothers people that much...well....i don't know what to say... I look forward to hearing from you, before and after the Big Ten

Does it matter to you that you were completely wrong in your assessment of how Ohio State would fare against Iowa? Every match you said they would win, they lost. And you even said that Humphrey would not be wrestling and were wrong on that as well. Doesn't that hurt your credibility?

It would seem to me that your statements before the dual compared to the actual results of the dual show that you're clearly an avid fan of the Buckeyes, but you either know little about the sport of college wrestling or you know little about how Ohio State matches up to other powerhouse programs, or both.

Quote from Michael Rodriguez's post:

"Does it matter to you that you were completely wrong in your assessment of how Ohio State would fare against Iowa? Every match you said they would win, they lost. And you even said that Humphrey would not be wrestling and were wrong on that as well. Doesn't that hurt your credibility?

It would seem to me that your statements before the dual compared to the actual results of the dual show that you're clearly an avid fan of the Buckeyes, but you either know little about the sport of college wrestling or you know little about how Ohio State matches up to other powerhouse programs, or both."

Now that took a lot of work..lolololololhahahahah ...sorry cant stop...lololol......Look....the matches were closer than you or anybody else thought...come on...you are fishing for a shark in a pond.....I have been around wrestling since 1989.....OSU"s website didnt have Hump as a starter...lololololol.....wow ....I love comments like this.....lololo I cant wait until next week show i share my views with you about the BIG TEN. Do you do stand-up comedy????? lolololololol IM PICKING OHIO STATE TO WIN THE BIG TEN AND THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Let me guess.....i should pick another team, like IOWA....you are a funny guy!!! lololololol

Interesting how you you didn't answer any of my questions.

Anyway, this is one of those opportunities for you to defend your opinions and show your vast knowledge (since 1989) of college wrestling. How do you see Ohio State winning Big Tens? What weights do you see them out-scoring Iowa? How many champs will they have and at what weights? Why do you think that those wrestlers will win titles? What about their recent performances make you think that they are ready to step up and win the the toughest conference in the nation? And we all get that you're a superfan, but "because they're Buckeyes" isn't a legit answer.

For the record, I think this is very good team for Ohio State. I think Triggas, Paddock, Humphrey, Palmer, Sponseller, Rella, Pucillo, Magrum and Morrison all quailfy. I think Humphrey and Palmer are finalists and Sponseller and Pucillo are All Americans at the NCAAs. It's just that this is outstanding Iowa team. AAs at 125, 133, 141, 149, 165, 174, 184, 197 and 285 is cetainly not out of the question, with title contenders at 125, 133, 149, 174 and 285.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 22, 2010

I can't believe I'm reading this.

Where is my ten-foot pole...

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on February 22, 2010

ps: Wait until next year!!!

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"ps: Wait until next year!!!"

I think THE OTHER OSU might have something to say about that.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on February 22, 2010

"Lance wrestled Metcalf closer than on any previous occasion. I still don't know why he was unable to finish that double leg. One second he was in deep and then it was gone. "

Seems like to get to Metcalf, you need 100% commitment on a shot. It appeared he pulled out of the shot early.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next