Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Discussion Topic: Ironman 2007 Teams & Info
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 6, 2007

Dan,
yes 119 could be quite the wt, i think Logan Stieber and Villalonga from Blair and maybe Sam White --- also these were 112 last season and return this season-- if only 3/4 of them end up at 119 plus Stieber, it will be very deep wt:

Thomas Gayer Palmetto Ridge FL 6th
Shane Gentry Colonial Forge VA 3rd
Garrett Haas Great Bridge VA SQ
Andrew Robertson Christianburg VA 3rd
Chris Keech Caesar Rodney DE 1st
Tony Ramos Glenbard North IL 1st
Benny Marti Montini IL SQ
Kyle Bratke Parkersburg WV 6th
Chris Villalonga Blair 1st
OR Sean Boyle Blair 1st
Gabe Gomez Broomfield CO 3rd
Logan Weaver Unitah UT SQ
David Klingsheim Liberty CA 5th
Scott Collins Bishop Lynch TX NPQ
Cody Kelly Reynolds PA 3rd
Shawn Armato Germantown PA NPQ
Derek Steeley Broken Arrow OK 2nd
Lucas Mosher Harrison GA 6th
Jordan Oneal Damonte Ranch NV 1st
Garrett Hekhuis Damonte Ranch NV 3rd
Cody Garbrandt Claymont 1st
Adam Tinnel Eastwood (06) 1st
Johnny Papesh Aurora 3rd
Zach Neibert Graham 2nd
Nick Sultzer St.Eds 2nd
Dan Genetin Perry 7th

Mike Hillock Perry SQ
Steve Mitcheff Elyria 5th
Kyle Lang Brecksville 3rd
Ben Sergent Troy Christian 1st

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Gregg Scharrer added to this discussion on November 8, 2007

Any chance Tony Jameson will enter Ironman as a wild card?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 9, 2007

Ironman is a Team tourn -- open tourn not allowed by OHSAA rules during season --- so No, Jameson can only be entered by his coach. Thats his call, we don't get involved in any way.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on November 10, 2007

Bob are all entries in this tournament closed out now? I didn't know if we would have a last minute surprise entry by a coach for a super stud wrestler.

How do you compare this tournament's crop with past years talent? Also is the measuring stick for this tournament the great 2005 tournament?

When do coaches start submitting the lineups online also?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 10, 2007

Dan,
seeding info is submitted on Monday December 3rd, each coach has unique password to input to website. Wont know true lineups until then.

this tourn was basically full as of March 25, so anyone let in since then has been an exception---- i don't expect any more exceptions now, as Woody Hayes said, "the hay is in the barn."

how this years tourn compares ? it doesnt seem to have the "star power of the past two, esp 2005 which featured 7 wrestlers ranked by a legit publication # 1 in nation.-----but i think overall depth will compare because each year fewer teams bring entire lineup, they only bring the wrestlers who can win matches which mean less fluff every year. Second round Friday should be a tough round.

another great team race could happen-- the past 3 years in a row a great team race has occured at Ironman-- its the only event nationally where Blair gets any real comp. After all its a Team tourn, so a great team race adds to the luster.

Raymond Calvert added to this discussion on November 11, 2007

don't forget Matt Bryan of BrokenArrow and Drew Partain or Derck Steeley
theve all be national ranked

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 12, 2007

yes Broken Arrow, the # 2 team in Oklahoma this season, was a very nice pickup------ as was Bishop Lynch Texas a team their coach claims is his best ever there. Palmetto Ridge Florida the 1a state champs who return all their main guys and Colonial Forge VA were nice pickups too , Forge a national top 15 to 20 team. These were added and no major team was lost from the previous year.

From Ohio teams Uhrichsville Claymont and Wadsworth are added. So, overall the tourn looks as strong as ever, at least.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 13, 2007

I joined Flowrestling some time ago and I had emailed Flo about covering Ironman. He said that he'd been tossing that around in his head and said to put in a good word for him.

Bob, if Flowrestling wanted to come and cover the Ironman tournament, it would be WELL WORTH it to allow them to do it. If you've ever watched any of their coverage of any events, its' very good.

I just watched a video of Coach Buxton talking about putting his duals up on Flowrestling. I know, Bob, that you think very highly of him. It'd be great to follow his lead and have Flo cover the Ironman. Show the rest of the country what truly great wreslting happens at Walsh Jesuit HS on Dec 7-8.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 13, 2007

the Walsh AD doesnt want any more camera media, has got cable 9 with Brian Brakeman doing the finals--- he says camera media interferes with the view of the paying customer.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on November 13, 2007

I think that flo would bring a great asset to the tournament. It would allow people to watch more than just the finals match online or at home on DVD. Flowrestling is probably one of the best sites out there for the services they provide to wrestling. However I do understand with the way Walsh is set-up in the gym how it would be an interference with the paying customers.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on November 13, 2007

Courtrooms frequently use a pool camera to allow multiple media outlets to view one feed during a high publicity trial. That way attorneys and witnesss aren't tripping over cameras. Maybe Cable 9 can reach some agreement with Flo and allow them to use the footage, too. Distributing good wrestling coverage to as many people as possible will only help the sport.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on November 13, 2007

Flo uses no wires and they are able to access all the big matches matside without interfering with people it seems. It would be great to see some of the matches from the semis and quarters online to go along with the finals.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 13, 2007

"It would be great to see some of the matches from the semis and quarters online to go along with the finals."

maybe the Walsh Jesuit AD doesnt want to cut into the gate ?? after all the Ironman is a fundraiser for the schools athletic dept.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 13, 2007

flowrestling is an amazing asset to our sport. What they do is amazing. I have no idea how they keep up with the major events.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 13, 2007

Flo does do all the taping matside ... just like a dad taping his son's matches.

Bob, I know it's the Walsh's AD's say here, but there is now way that it'd cut the gate. It will be SRO with or without Flo -- it'd just be nice to let the rest of the nation see what they are missing.

Maybe Flo should just by a all session pass, do his thing and post it on the website.

Bob -- a good word to the AD from you and Coach Barger, if Flo were to contact them, would probably do wonders.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next