Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Discussion Topic: Ironman 2007 Teams & Info
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 14, 2007

"Maybe Flo should just by a all session pass, do his thing and post it on the website."

all media needs the Walsh Jesuit ADs approval to work the Ironman.

Flo should send proposal to the Walsh Jesuit AD & coach Barger, so far no proposal has been made that i am aware of.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 14, 2007

i just looked at website www.walshironman.com ----its just now been updated, here is message from webmaster :

"Are you a big fan of the Walsh Ironman Tournament? Is your team wrestling, but you couldn't make the trip to see them wrestle live? As some of you are aware, last year we made the Live Boutboard available online to registered fans. This year, we will not only have the Live Boutboard, but also plan to have Live Streaming Video of both gyms. Registration will begin next week, so check back and get your spot to watch the live feed. "

( live boutboard was $ 5 last year, a few (presumably) servicemen in IRAQ subscribed, too ! )

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 14, 2007

"Live streaming from both gyms" sounds great.

How does this work for those of us who have tournaments that day? I'm assuming it won't be video on demand. I did get the live boutboard last year and enjoyed watching the results roll in.

A couple side but related question for anyone: is a website, like Flowrestling, considered "media"?
Could a parent tape matches from any tournament and post them on, for example, youtube?

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 15, 2007

I'm assuming that if Flowrestling were to come to the Ironman, that he'd get the proper approval from those in power to do so. He seems to be a very stand up guy.

IMO, most exciting weights will be 135, 145-160. Man, some real potential barn burner matches there.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 15, 2007

i don't yet know details of the "live video streaming"---- as i said if Flo wrestling interested, he needs to make a proposal to the Walsh Jesuit AD.

Ironman is on school premises, and the tourn is "owned" by Walsh Jesuit hs---- therefor the Walsh AD has the right to control whatever goes on, which includes anything Flo wrestling or any fan might wish to do.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on November 15, 2007

I am already counting down the days to Ironman it is a great way to start the season off.

Bob is the way the tournament run going to be the same? Any possibility of just having 2 semi matches going on for all to watch more closely. I love the action and the intensity of this tournament and being able to focus on just 2 matches would just intensify the action.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on November 15, 2007

Bob, that makes sense. I guess that would apply for all tournaments -- but I guess rarely would it be enforced (especailly vs. parents).

Dan, that is a good point. I feel the same about how they run the state tournament as well (especially the Sat. morning matches).

What is everyones most anticipated match? For me, it is Coby Boyd vs. Mario Mason/Alex Meade. I've read that Mario and Alex are great friends and won't be in the same weight class and I'm assuming that one of the two will be at 152. Some personal bias here as I coached Coby in Jr. high and have worked out with him at my club.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 15, 2007

"Dan, that is a good point. I feel the same about how they run the state tournament as well (especially the Sat. morning matches). "

nothing is as confusing at the state tourn semis ---- 9 mats, 6 used for semis, but the semis mats are in hodgepodge order--- and because each match # is on a specific mat, i have seen a 119 semi being wrestled in a Division when 103 & 112 semis HAVE NOT WRESTLED YET in that Division !

Gregg Scharrer added to this discussion on November 15, 2007

Quote from Dan Ransick's post:

"IBob is the way the tournament run going to be the same? Any possibility of just having 2 semi matches going on for all to watch more closely. I love the action and the intensity of this tournament and being able to focus on just 2 matches would just intensify the action."

Excellent comment/idea. The 2006 semi's started @ 1:00 PM - lasted 45 min? 1 hour? You could easily run 2 mats and still give the kids plenty of time before finals. From fan's perspective the semis are the best! The intensity level, especially at Ironman, is off the charts. This is the type idea that improves fan experience.

Jeff Cole added to this discussion on November 15, 2007

I too, am impressed with FLO's wrestling site...I'd be more than happy to give them our finals coverage to post on their site. The more people who have access to this first rate event, the better.

Jeff Cole
Executive Director, Cable 9

Roe Fox added to this discussion on November 15, 2007

Jeff: Great attitude. People like you will help grow/save the sport. Thanks.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on November 16, 2007

I doubt Meade and Mason will wrestle. They didn't last year when they could have met in the finals of an open I believe. It would make for a great battle between these wrestlers.

Having each weight wrestle in the semi-finals at Ironman would allow the maximum amount of ooh's and ahh's for the tournament. Ironman would be able to do this as everything is run so well there that there is often extra time in between sessions.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 16, 2007

i have forwarded semis suggestion to our head table director Ken Dies---- sounds good to me.

Dom Mancini added to this discussion on November 19, 2007

Gregg - let's go some round robin takedowns!

Mike Datillo added to this discussion on November 21, 2007

Quote from Brady Hiatt's post:

"What is everyones most anticipated match? For me, it is Coby Boyd vs. Mario Mason/Alex Meade. I've read that Mario and Alex are great friends and won't be in the same weight class and I'm assuming that one of the two will be at 152. Some personal bias here as I coached Coby in Jr. high and have worked out with him at my club."

I don't see anyway that you see Alex Meade at 152, but I would guess that Mason will be there.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next