Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Discussion Topic: Ironman 2007 Teams & Info
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 1, 2007

ASICS Ironman Teams
December 7 & 8, 2007
Walsh Jesuit high school Ohio

Full team entered, unless # of entries is indicated by number in parentheses ( )

Walsh Jesuit OH --- host team
St. Edward OH --- preseason AWN # 6
St. Paris Graham --- preseason AWN # 2
Massillon Perry OH
Cincinnati Moeller OH
Troy Christian OH --- preseason AWN # 23
Monroeville OH
Uhrichsville Claymont OH
Wadsworth OH
University School OH
Cuyahoga Valley Christian OH
St. Vincent-St. Mary OH
St. Ignatius OH
Oak Harbor OH
Elyria OH
Brecksville-Broadview Heights OH (7)
Padua Franciscan Ohio (4)
Sandusky Perkins OH (4)
Pemberville Eastwood OH (5)
Aurora OH (3)
Parma Holy Name OH (2)
Miami Valley Prep OH (1)
Parma Heights Valley Forge OH (1)
Brunswick OH (1)

Blair Academy NJ --- preseason AWN # 1
Lawrenceville School NJ (2)

Montini Catholic ILL --- preseason AWN # 7
Glenbard North ILL --- preseason AWN # 9

Canon McMillan PA
Reynolds PA
North Allegheny PA
Burrell PA
Germantown Academy PA (7)

Christiansburg VA --- preseason AWN # 13
Great Bridge VA
Colonial Forge VA ---preseason AWN # 26
Fauquier VA (5)
Gloucester VA (1)
Tabb VA (1)

Palo Cedro Foothill CAL (4)
Mission Viejo CAL (2)
Santa Fe CAL (2)
Oakley Freedom CAL (5)
Brentwood Liberty CAL (2)

Parkersburg W VA --- preseason AWN # 34
Parkersburg South W VA

Kaukuana WIS --- preseason AWN # 39
Luxemburg-Casco WIS

Cardinal Gibbons NC (2)
Watauga NC (2)

Caesar Rodney DEL ---preseason AWN # 14
Uintah UT
Bishop Lynch TX ---preseason AWN # 15
Broken Arrow OK ---preseason AWN # 33
Palmetto Ridge FLA
Broomfield COLO
Harrison GA
Damonte Ranch NEV (4)

First Session starts One PM Friday Dec 7th---- Quarterfinals are 10 AM Saturday Dec 8, & Semis are about One PM. Finals 6:30 Saturday evening.

Prior to the Finals coach MIKE MILKOVICH, one of only 7 high school coaches in America ever inducted as a Distinguished Member in the National Wrestling Hall of Fame, will be honored with the IRONMAN Legacy Award. Mike is coming up from the Florida Keys where he resides to receive the award and to meet & greet old friends, wrestlers, coaches and fans. From talking to him, I think Mike will be at Walsh Jesuit both days Saturday and Friday.

All session passes go on sale November 5th for $25 each at Walsh Jesuit ADs office during school hours. No Finals tickets sold at that time. No phone orders or email orders . All other session tickets available at the door the day of the tourn.

If you send check/money order for a FEW passes to AD Walsh Jesuit hs , 4550 Wyoga Lake Rd, Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44224 with self-addressed envelope, by third week of November the Walsh AD will fill your order-- this is for all session passes only, at $25 each. (Schools entered in the Ironman are urged to put their orders for all session passes in asap for their boosters and parents.)

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on November 2, 2007

Looks as always a great tournament packed with some great teams.

Bob,
What California kids are coming this year besides Welch?

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 2, 2007

Dan,

no Welch, his dad says football is interfering, he goes both offense & defense on very good team and playoffs in Calif go into mid December--- but i am guessing reality is after 2 year in Ironman he is looking elsewhere, word has it he has been invited to wrestle in the Midlands quite an honor for high schoool kid, so that means he has outgrown high school wresting.

we wont have the Calif reps we have had the past 2 years, in those 2 years we have had a handful of big names but wont be the case this year--- good wrestlers but no Welch, Novachkov brothers, Billy Murphy.

but overall caliber should be as strong as the last few years, which means outstanding, and deep with not alot of fluff--- alot of teams only bring their best kids as u can see from the numbers in parentheses, so the tough comp in many wt classes begins in round 2 Friday..

Brent Rastetter added to this discussion on November 2, 2007

Bob,

What are a few of the possible individual match-ups that you are most looking forward to seeing this year at Ironman?

Roe Fox added to this discussion on November 2, 2007

As always, well done. At what point during the week will we know the brackets? Thanks.

seeding done Live and on website www.walshironman.com the Tuesday prior, by later Tues night Dec 4,---- until then its all speculation who will be at what wts so makes it hard to project matchups. i think viewers can anticipate some though.

a Biggie: at 135 # 1 Colin Johnston from PA, the Fargo junior national champ vs # 2 nationally Collin Palmer of st Eds.

alot of depth in most wts, that will be revealed when seeding is done Live.

btw Uintah Utah 103 is FEMALE Junior national runnerup and state 6th placer a junior Candace Workman.

Palmetto Ridge Florida has a kid at 140 Richie Dehnz who i believe has won over 100 matches in a row. At 189 watch out for Joe Buddi of Kaukauna Wisc who was 51 & 0 last season.

will be some very serious wrestling in 2nd round Friday. Last year Mitcheff 2 & out on Friday. Will happen again to somebody.

Eric Curitore added to this discussion on November 2, 2007

Hey Bob,
I read that an all-session pass is $25? Right after that is says so Finals Tickets will be sold at this time? I'm assuming you mean the all session passes don't include the finals tickets? Whats the best way to go about getting finals tickets? Thanks a bunch.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 2, 2007

IronMan tournament = MEAT GRINDER

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 3, 2007

"Hey Bob, I read that an all-session pass is $25? Right after that is says so Finals Tickets will be sold at this time? I'm assuming you mean the all session passes don't include the finals tickets? Whats the best way to go about getting finals tickets? Thanks a bunch."
----------------------

Eric,
the All Session Pass DOES include the Finals----- it is the only way to guarantee a fan can get into the Finals which in recent years are sold out just from the number of all session passes sold in advance-- in other words, the number of passes sold in advance meets the fire marshall allowed maximum crowd for the Finals, so no individual Finals tickets are sold.

i just didnt want anyone making the trip all the way to Walsh Jesuit thinking they could buy Finals tickets.

Eric Curitore added to this discussion on November 3, 2007

How fast do those usually sell out? I live in Hudson...Which is really close to Walsh. If i go to Walsh and find the AD next week sometime, is that to late? Or i should def make plans to go as soon as possible? Thanks..Sorry for being naggy, haha...I have never bought tickets to this. I've always wanted to go tho!

Eric,
passes will be available for a few weeks imo, so go at your leisure--- i would say by at least mid November no problem. Hard to tell since teams entered are in process of ordering right now.

i think passes will go faster than ever, new teams like Uhrichsville & Wadsworth bring alot of fans.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 3, 2007

Bob--what are some of the strongest wt classes? Who are the "major players" at these wts?

no idea Hank, once seeding done will see -- from 112 thru 160-- state runnersup and state 3rd placers seeded 10th and lower.

don't know alot of top kids exactly what wt they will go, early in season may not go their certified wt, so cant project. A few biggies perhaps:

...at 135 Colin Johnston vs Collin Palmer, AWN # 1 and # 2.
...at 112 all those monster 103s from last season moving up, several fargo national champions, David Taylor, Jamie Clark, Sammy White, Jerome Robinson. Goes for 119 too where i think Logan Stieber will be.
...at 160 Meade vs Cubberly who beat him in fargo.
...at 152 Mario Mason vs Coby Boyd.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on November 6, 2007

There will be some great battles all around at Ironman in every weight class.

103- Clark who looks like he will be back down at this weight could win it in a great match over Stieber. I would love to see a Stieber vs. Sako battle too.

112- This will be a meatgrinder of a weight just with Ohio talent alone. Taylor leads the charge here with Mitcheff, Clark/Sako, Robinson, Tessari just to name a few.

119- This could be one of the toughest weights in the tournament with Logan Stieber, Sam White, Ben Sergent all just from Ohio. Throw in Villalonga and some other tough ones and you have a murderous weight.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next