Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: OSU Results
DJ Vondruska added to this discussion on November 6, 2007

My only comment that hasn't been mentioned is the fact that the refs were high school refs. This accounted for some of the inconsistant calls as well as the slow whistle from the referrees position. They called some false starts that would never have been an issue in college since the whistle is supposed to blow when the last hand hits the elbow. It amazes me that a well advertised match such as this wouldn't have had sanctioned NCAA refs.

Other than that I saw some out of shape molments that I'm sure will be corrected by the next dual.

As for Notre Dame, I think they put up a heck of a fight for a team that was supposed to get manhandled. I think it could have been an even better match had they put in their regular starters.

<sign_oh> <sign_io>

Last edited by DJ Vondruska on November 6, 2007; edited 1 time in total

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 6, 2007

...false starts.

Ben Roerig added to this discussion on November 6, 2007

Hank,
I also saw Nemecs scores with Bertrucci and Guerra. If he shows Palmer-like improvement throughout the year (depending on if he red-shirts or not) he could definitely be doing some damage by the end of the year.

Gary Corroto added to this discussion on November 6, 2007

Does anyone know if Bertucci is going to be the starter for Purdue at 157?? I think he started for them some at 141 last year.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on November 6, 2007

NCAA qualifier Murphy is listed as the current starter for Purdue at 157. However, I'm sure that is a pretty fluid situation.

Tony Rotundo added to this discussion on November 7, 2007

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Tony: here you go. Articles like this one are usually found on the home page of this website, www.ohiowrestling.net

http://www.ohiowrestling.net/articles/archives/120"

Thanks Hank. I'm a Nikko Triggas fan, I've had the opportunity to watch him wrestle since he was a freshman in HS. His school is about 10 minutes from me. His brother, John, now wrestling at Brown, beat one of my kids (Berkeley High) and went one to win sectionals when he was very young. We were shocked that John had a brother that was "better" than him. Nikko's freshman year he unseated a very physical senior at sectionals in what was a huge shock to everyone (except maybe his Coach). And he did it with that dominant top-side wrestling.

Jason Welch (Los Lomas) lives just ten minutes beyond Triggas' home town. =)

Steve Lester added to this discussion on November 8, 2007

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"For what it's worth; I read Ryan's blog and he mentioned team unity. I saw in attendence Weakley, Livingston, Nemec, Touris, Enright, Sponseller & even Tony Jameson (there may have been more). Nice to see that they made the trip up to support their teammates. <thumbsup>"

Quite a contrast to last year's opening dual (Missouri). What a difference a year makes.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 8, 2007

Steve: How does this contrast with a year ago?

I love the fact that Jameson will wrestle for OSU. For whatever reasons, there was little mention of him all summer as a possible signing for this team. Looks to me like he's ready to enroll at Columbus right now. This kid has so much upside for the next level.

Steve Lester added to this discussion on November 8, 2007

Hank: How about wrestlers looking as if posing for a Rodin scuplture? ( I exaggerate).

You could see the difference in "animation" between the Missouri and Ohio State benches. Though, I should have made it clear that it didn't take a year to correct, IMO. By the time the team got to the Eds' gym to battle Northwestern our wrestlers were very animated or maybe "spirited" is even a better word.. Night and day.

I think the crowd picks up on it.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2