Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Notre Dame Tops NAIA Rankings
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 19, 2010

National Champion NDC Falcons begin season ranked #1 in NAIA. Five of ten weights have NDC wrestlers ranked #1. A lot of Ohio studs are highly ranked in NAIA.

http://www.themat.com/section.php?section_id=5&page=ranking_details&RankingID=1207

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on October 20, 2010

Is this their last year of NAIA? Or is it next year?

How will D-II will fair for them?

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on October 20, 2010

I believe that this will be the final year in the NAIA for Notre Dame College, then they will have a year of no postseason competition, then they will enter NCAA Division 2.

I forsee them continuing their their success even though they are moving up. Their recruiting is just incredible and when you get that amount of talent in a room, great things are bound to happen.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on October 20, 2010

NAIA allows an unlimited amount of scholarship dollars although there are limits on how many scholarship wrestlers can compete in a season (it's more complicated but that's the gist of it). NDC has taken advantage of this unlimited spending and we've seen the results.

D2 has a specific limit on number of scholarships.

NDC has established themselves as a powerhouse. I think their reputation will allow them to continue recruiting well. But I don't know how they're going to be able to bring in the same amount of talent that currently exists on their roster. Not saying they can't--but it's going to be more difficult.

Gary Sommers added to this discussion on October 21, 2010

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"NAIA allows an unlimited amount of scholarship dollars although there are limits on how many scholarship wrestlers can compete in a season (it's more complicated but that's the gist of it). NDC has taken advantage of this unlimited spending and we've seen the results.

D2 has a specific limit on number of scholarships.

NDC has established themselves as a powerhouse. I think their reputation will allow them to continue recruiting well. But I don't know how they're going to be able to bring in the same amount of talent that currently exists on their roster. Not saying they can't--but it's going to be more difficult."

It will be interesting to see how creative NDC gets in funding aid/scholorships to kids who might not have need-based issues or merit-based accomplishments but only want to go there to wrestle.

► Add to the Discussion