Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2

Discussion Topic: Buckeye Duals Preview
Josh Lowe added to this discussion on November 18, 2010

OSU/PITT
125 - Stieber should get a decision against Zanetta. Zanetta is a returning national qualifier and a ranked wrestler - a good barometer of where he is at this point.
133 - This is a big time hole for Pitt going with a true frosh who quite frankly is not a DI caliber kid at this point. Paddock gets bonus.
141 - If Nauman's here, Pitt gets the win and possible bonuses. If it's the freshman Tully, this is match that could go either way.
149 - If you believe Nemec is the real deal, a national qualifier, with the chance to win multiple matches at the NCAA tournament ... this is a match he needs to win. None the less, peg this as a tossup.
157 - Sponseller wins, bonuses possible
165 - Tossup as neither team has one of their stronger kids on the mat
174 - Tossup here and a very good test for Heflin early in his varsity career going against a ranked wrestler
184 - I'm going to pick the freshman Max Thomusseit. Good start for his career, beating the Michigan starter on Sunday and going pretty even with Hamlin from Lehigh on Friday night (Hamlin beat Q. Wright Sunday).
197 - I like Zac Thomusseit here in a close match, though Magrum could pull off a mild upset here.
285 - Pitt's favored here, but it's 285 so it's gonna be close.

OSU/NEBRASKA
125 - Klingsheim is the Nebraska wrestler. Pretty solid kid out of California, redshirt frosh. I'll take Stieber here, solid margin victory.
133 - Paddock with a solid margin victory here as well.
141 - Tossup here, veteran for Nebraska and a younger wrestler for Ohio State
149 - Both teams starting a relatively unproven wrestler in the college context, each comes in with very good HS c.v's. Again, if Nemec is what we think he is, he wins this type of match.
157 - Sponseller wins easy, bonuses possible
165 - Burrhoughs wins easy, bonuses coming
174 - Heflin v. Kolb should be a terrific battle of redshirt freshmen. Each was very good in high school, Kolb ended 2008-09 higher in the rankings as an fyi.
184 - Ihnen wins this one here, solid decision
197 - Magrum wins this one, solid decision
285 - Lane should win here, Hiles has beaten Lane in Fargo before (and I think Lane also either beat or outplaced HIles as well) ... but college performances to date indicate Lane as favored.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on November 19, 2010

My bad, guys. That (the rapist's wit line) was a line from the movie "Dumb and Dumber". Thought I wasn't alone in finding the humor in that movie. Perhaps I'm wrong.

And to clarify... I took those videos. Unless of course, it might get me in trouble. If that's the case, then someone else did.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on November 19, 2010

Coach-

Our staff and program need your support. This Sunday, Nov 21st we open our college season with two big dual meets in St. John Arena. Our honorary coach is Chris Spielman and we will be raising funds and awareness for cancer.

Please share this information with your athletes. As you know, marketing the sport is difficult. We have 5 home duals this year and we would like to show the wrestling world and our competition that we have a strong fan base. Every young man coming into college loves a big crowd. By sharing information with your youth, junior high, junior varsity and varsity athletes and parents we can inform a lot of people about our matches.

You are our main fan base and many times parents would attend had they known about our matches. We are asking you to add this information into our weekly calendars and information sharing systems with your parents.

Upon conclusion of the matches on Sunday, our staff will offer a short seminar on the keys to success in the sport. We will probably share many of the same things you do with your athletes on a daily basis.

You can call Kathleen Dean for group rate tickets (614-292-4797). Group tickets are only $4 each. On behalf of our entire staff and athletes we appreciate your willingness to spread the word about Buckeye Wrestling. If you cannot make the event the match will be webcast with announcer Bob Diehli. Click here to watch the match live online. Click on the media icon to the far right of the match.

No. 12 Buckeyes Prepare for Buckeye Duals Sunday
Go Bucks,

Tom Ryan

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on November 21, 2010

The match is going to come down to Nemec v. Johnson. If Nemec wins, then Ohio State is in good position to pull out an amazing come from behind victory.

Come on NEMEC!!!!!

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on November 21, 2010

Well 165 and UP things are not looking so good for OSU! One thing is Magrum is not a 197 lb. I just feel like we are wasting him I would like to see him at 184.

Last edited by Brian Morrow on November 21, 2010; edited 1 time in total

Ken Maltry added to this discussion on November 21, 2010

Updates available anywhere?

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on November 21, 2010

Ken we won 125-157.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2