Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Wrestling at the Arnold Classic
Bart Freidenberg added to this discussion on December 2, 2010

I have recently been approached, by the Arnold Classic people, to see if I would be interested in running a wrestling event during the Arnold Classic. I did attend the Arnold Classic Sports Meeting, on December 1, but the only commitment I have yet made, is that I would have a one on one meeting with Jim Lorimar, who heads the overall Classic, sometime next week.

Obviously, we all know that the event is held the same weekend as the State High School Tournament. There is no way that I want any wrestling portion to conflict with this event, meaning any wrestling at the Arnold Classic would have to occur on Sunday, March 6.

What I did want to get was everyone's feeling on wrestling at this event. I know that past events there have not gone well and I want to hear what folks did or did not like. That way, I can make a honest assessment as to whether wrestling can financially survive at this event.

Please e-mail me suggestions you may have, what entry fee you would be willing to pay (the Arnold Classic gets all gate admission), age groups, should kids have to qualify, should it be open up to non Ohio wrestlers (and if you lived out of state, would you be willing to travel in to Ohio for a Sunday only event), etc... You can e-mail me at bart@ohiotofc.com

Bart Freidenberg

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion