Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Ohio University 26, Appalachian State 21; Squire out of redshirt
Ethan Moore added to this discussion on December 3, 2010

All of this is unofficial, as I watched the web cast with no volume while playing with my kids.

Overall I thought OU wreslted just OK, they looked very sluggish. Still got the dual win on the road against a team with 3 NQs returning.

Squire is a real bright spot. Although he lost (see detail below) he looked very good to me.

125 - Gravely FALL Ramos (physical take down to the back for the quick fall)

133 - Wojcik dec Johnson 4-3 (Wojcik got an early lead and hung on. Needs to be more aggressive)

141 - Lindsey dec Kessler 5-2 (ho-hum win for G)

149 - Kotsis FALL Squire (Squire looked real good. Was winning against a solid Kotsis in the second, crazy scramble ends in a defensive fall. Questionable... Squire will be good right away)

157 - Kline dec Blakely 5-3 (props to Chris, this was the last match and to win the dual)

165 - Blevins FALL Wilson

174 - Purdue TF Downs

184 - Trotman dec Garringer 8-4 (I thought Garringer looked pretty good, was 6-4 until a last second sloppy shot to a TD. Trotman is solid)

197 - Schuth FALL Hartley

285 - JJ FALL Tyson (Johnson will have some challenges his freshman year, but he is going to pretty darn good. Fun to watch, too)

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Ohio University 26, Appalachian State 21; Squire out of redshirt
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 3, 2010

Love J. Johnson. All he ever does is wrestle and his results speak for themselves. He'll be a multiple AA for the Bobcats.

Christopher Henderson added to this discussion on December 4, 2010

When will Lang join the lineup? Has anyone heard?

► Add to the Discussion