Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Week 6 Report: Jesse Dong's RS Pulled, Ohio Showdown at 197, more
Ben Golden added to this discussion on December 9, 2010

One of my favorite things about wrestling has always been its team/individual sport duality. From a fans perspective it doesn't get much better because there is pretty much always something to celebrate. In any dual meet or tournament, there's a great chance that at least one (and almost always more than that) is going to have a great performance. Maybe the team loses the dual by an ugly score, but someone probably got an upset. The Buckeyes let the 2009 NCAA Team Title slip through their fingers with a terrible Saturday performance, but Jaggers' second title and two other finalists did a lot to mollify the bitter twinge of letdown.

If all the wrestlers from Ohio or wrestling for an Ohio college made up one glorious team, that team fell flat on its face this weekend.

More...

http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/index.php?q=node/37839

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Week 6 Report: Jesse Dong's RS Pulled, Ohio Showdown at 197, more
Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 10, 2010

Awesome read.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 10, 2010

Great job, Ben. Love the synopses as well as the info on what to follow this weekend--and where I can view it.

You're doing wrestling junkies like me a big favor.

► Add to the Discussion