Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Johnni DiJulius, Nate Skonieczny and Kenny Courts win Powerade titles
Ben Golden added to this discussion on December 31, 2010

http://poweradewrestling.com/2010/Brackets.pdf

Courts had two technical falls and two pins on his way to the finals.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Johnni DiJulius, Nate Skonieczny and Kenny Courts win Powerade titles
Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 31, 2010

Good week overall for the OSU recruits with Stieber & Tessari winning the Brecksville Tournament. From what I've seen in the videos, all 4 guys look good on top, which should translate well for their college careers.

J.P. Barner added to this discussion on December 31, 2010

Courts won? Geez, I thought he was a complete bust just a week ago? :)

Ben Golden added to this discussion on January 1, 2011

Quote from J.P. Barner's post:

"Courts won? Geez, I thought he was a complete bust just a week ago? :)"

This is actually pretty much the whole reason I started this thread.

Brian Morrow added to this discussion on January 1, 2011

I remember very well the post about him not being so good. I have always said it and will again Courts is going to be a good one. I will take him on my team any day. I would not be surprised to see him as a national champ someday.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on January 1, 2011

Notes on the tourney-

Brandon Thompson of Solon, back down at 103, took third in a nice showing in the consis- beat Walsh's tough Tutolo as well as top seed Riggs on his way in the wrestlebacks. He then stuck the Collins Hill kid that beat him in the champ. bracket.

Stainbrook made the semis before falling to eventual champ and nationally ranked Schram. He recovered to finish third. Nice showing for him

Dance and Gulibon went to the rideout again. Great match at Ironman- would love to see this one.

Austin Marsisco went 1-2, getting teched in the consis. He looked okay at Ironman- wonder what happened here.

Megaludis wins his fourth title. He should be another good one at PSU- could fit right in at 133 shortly.

DiJulius beats Collica of Solon in the semis. He then knocked off PA superfrosh Solomon Chisko in the finals. Chisko is legit and good enough to knock on the door of a PA title at 130 this year as a frosh. Good win for DiJulius regardless of the grade. Collica wrestled back to finish third- nice showing there.

Skonieczny wins a pretty pedestrian weight. But it is a Powerade title.

Evan Henderson goes down in the semifinals, then beats the excellent Travis Shaffer in the third place bout.

Superfrosh Marstellar beats PA state runner up Lorenzo Thomas 8-3 on four takedowns. Wow. Watch the video- his finishes are incredibly crisp, especially for that age, and he is very physically mature for that age and size. Very impressive.

McKillop beats Luster (National Prep and Ironman champ) and Weiroch (PA champ) back to back. Luster beat him at Ironman, and has beaten him a couple of times in the past. Great tournament for McKillop.

Nice tournament for Courts- can't really ask more than that. Everybody loses every once in a while, and he did a nice job of coming back from his. He teched Burrell's Jay Taylor- a Florida state champ last year.

► Add to the Discussion