Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Isaac Dukes
Pat Costilow added to this discussion on January 1, 2011

Isaac knocked off Corey Jantzen in the first round of the Midlands this week, made it all the way to the quarters, and placed seventh. Congrats to Isaac- way to represent DIII wrestling, Case, and northeast Ohio.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on January 2, 2011

Agreed. Dukes stepped up and showed he could compete at any level. What a talented kid.

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on January 2, 2011

This is exactly why you never overlook an opponent. The top DII, DIII, and NAIA guys would be just as competative in DI...ask some guys like Brandon Newell or Jody Stritmatter (a couple off the top of my head I can think of). Notre Dame College vs tOSU might not be pretty right now, and many of their starters could be great DI wrestlers. The reality is (and we all know this), there are no where near enough scholarships available in DI to accommodate all of the good wrestlers out there. And, as we often observe, some guys that get those DI scholarships don't do well or wash-out and some of those less thought of DIII guys can really excel in the college wrestling room and be tremendous at any level.

And for Mark...I'm sure there are some 4 time HS sectional qualifiers that could do some damage too given the chance ;)

► Add to the Discussion