Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: The PAC-10 Tournament, Broadcast Live for Your Viewing Pleasure TODAY
Ben Golden added to this discussion on February 27, 2011

The only D1 college wrestling of the weekend happens in Oregon. Free video here, if you're interested. My personal opinion is that the PAC 10 is not very deep, so the finals are probably the only place you'll see many matches of national interest. A couple good semifinals too.

Probable marquee finals matches are:
125: #2 Anthony Robles vs. #6 Ryan Mango
157: #2 Adam Hall vs. #4 Bubba Jenkins
174: #5 Colby Covington vs. #6 Nick Amuchastegui

Also, Nick Brascetta's brother Jon (cousin?) wrestles for Oregon State and is the #3 seed at 165, if you're interested in watching him.

Brackets: http://www.pac-10.org/portals/7/championships/wrestling/bracket.pdf

Video: http://www.osubeavers.com/allaccess/?media=213820

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: The PAC-10 Tournament, Broadcast Live for Your Viewing Pleasure TODAY
Roe Fox added to this discussion on February 27, 2011

Hall and Jenkins are in the finals. Kirk Smith was beaten.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on February 28, 2011

Hall beat Jenkins in OT. I only care about this because it makes the seeding for Taylor's weight very interesting. My hope is to see Taylor against Jenkins in the semis and then Fittery in the finals.

Brad Proudfoot added to this discussion on February 28, 2011

Quote from Roe Fox's post:

"Hall beat Jenkins in OT. I only care about this because it makes the seeding for Taylor's weight very interesting. My hope is to see Taylor against Jenkins in the semis and then Fittery in the finals."

Roe, I would think that given the current rankings we will see Fittery/Hall as #1 or #2, and thus they will be seeded apart from each other. Taylor is your 3rd seed, assuming that he wins the Big 10 title, and Jenkins gets the #4 seed. If this holds true, Jenkins should be on the same side of the bracket with the #1 seed. Taylor would get the #2 seed.

I was hoping to see a match-up between Taylor or Jenkins, but it just appears to be unlikely at this point if the rankings/seedings hold up as we expect.

► Add to the Discussion