Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: OSU / Rutgers Preview
Warren Edwards added to this discussion on November 22, 2007

http://theozone.net/wrestling/2007-2008/112207wrap.htm

Nice to see wrestling become a weekly feature at the O-zone.

Looks like the upset loss last week caused W.I.N. Magazine to drop Ohio State five spots to 13th after ranking them 8th in the preseason.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Cliff Cahill added to this discussion on November 22, 2007

Rutgers redshirt senior wrestler Steve Adamcsik (Chester, N.J.) is ranked No. 20 in the 141-pound weight class in the Division I Individual Wrestling Rankings

http://www.scarletknights.com/wrestling/news/release.asp?prID=5888

Some notables from Rutgers:

At the 174-pound class, Mike Whalen (Lake Hiawatha, N.J.) lost 6-1 to Jeff James of Oklahoma.

At 197 Lamar Brown (Red Bank, N.J.) reached the finals of the 197-pound class, falling to Joel Flaggert of Oklahoma by way of major decision 12-4.

Rutgers wrestling team also participated in the Buffalo Open. In the At 133-pound class, Tyler Milonas (Oak Ridge, N.J.) went 4-0 and won the championship by way of fall in the finals. He had two pins, a technical fall, and a 6-2 decision.

At 165 pound Shawn Putnam (West Keansburg, N.J.) wrestled at 165-pounds and placed fifth, scoring a pin in his fifth match. Putnam was 3-2 on the day.

At 141 Adamcsik returned to the mat last weekend in the Oklahoma-Brockport Gold Tournament held in Brockport, N.Y., reaching the finals of his weight class before falling 6-4 in the championship round.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on November 23, 2007

This should be a good early season match for Jaggers. It's funny you mention Rutgers 165 & 197 guys, because those are probably our weaker weights right now, especially 165. I feel pretty good about 133 for OSU, be it Humphrey or Enright. The only problem for Ryan will be if we lose 133, he'll be 2nd guessed as to who should have started. I look forward to the match after 2 weeks off. Also, I think Johnstone is overdue for a win...we'll see.

► Add to the Discussion