Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Monroeville
Scott Shaw added to this discussion on November 26, 2007

Do they have anyone else that can get to Columbus and score points? They will (most likely) have three state champs and if Tessari has a great tourney, (and all the studs like Sergent and Opfer stay up) they will have four. The question is, do they have anyone else that can help them catch Troy Christian and Marion Pleasant for one of the top two spots?

Everyone should watch this closely, as it could be history in the making. Not only will Monroeville have the possiblity of having four 4x State Champs on the same team at the same time, they may have 3 in the same class. That is just unreal.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Mark Viviani added to this discussion on November 26, 2007

scott,
if you go to the topic search and put in monroeville it will take you to our previous conversation about this topic,
from what i gather they have one other possiblity to score points at the state tourney and thats lance johnson.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on November 26, 2007

TC and Pleasant should be around the 150 range, like they were last year. Therefore, Monroeville is not going to get there.

The big four will be good for 100 among themselves - and if that's things go reasonably well. However, beyond that, Lance Johnson is their only potential scorer.

I'm looking for Stieber, Tessari, Stieber, and Phillips all to be #1's in their weights. Tessari will have to beat out Householder and such, while L Stieber could have Opfer and Sergent in his way.

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on November 26, 2007

Josh,
Do you think Sergent and Opfer will stay at 119?

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on November 27, 2007

Quote from Dan Cosimi's post:

"Josh,
Do you think Sergent and Opfer will stay at 119?"

I would think not - at least not Opfer. Sergent might stay depending on how TC needs to align to optimize their points.

You may see Opfer try and test the waters against Stieber at Brecksville; however, I'm not seeing Opfer being within three in that match.

► Add to the Discussion