Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Mark Perry DQ Video
Eric Curitore added to this discussion on November 26, 2007

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_ntT-Dr8kkE

I found this on another web site. It's from the St. Ed's Duals...Mark Perry, returning National Champ DQ'ed from his match with Chris Brown (ODU) I've read that Perry was losing around 13-1 before he was DQ'ed. Pretty interesting match.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on November 26, 2007

Perry looks like hot garbage in this match. The single he shoots isn't even impressive by hs standards. He's totally out of synch.

I'm sure Perry will become much sharper as the season progresses. Early season matchups--particularly against relatively unknown comp--are perilous. I should also point out that his opponent, Chris Brown, seems to have a similar style. Sometimes those guys make for the toughest opponents.

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on November 27, 2007

Looks like Perry was just trying to choke him out through out the match there and most likely why he got DQ'd.

Perry looked sloppy in that match and if he lose to Brown what will happen with Tannenbaum with they wrestle. That could be a true battle as it seems to me Tannenbaum technique is better than Perry's funk attacks.

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on November 27, 2007

This version of Mark Perry would not only have been crushed by Johny Hendricks, he wouldn't have made it to face Hendricks. There is obviously something wrong with Perry. I think whatever is wrong with him will be fixed before anything too bad happens. If not, he'll lose to guys not on Tannenbaum's level. In this match he looks like a bad wrestler with some funk. In reality he's a national champion. There's more to the story...

► Add to the Discussion