Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invite
Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

Bergman in Semis. Will take on Sauer from Cal State Fullerton. Weakley loses 3-2 in 4th rd cons.

Bucks will enter tomorrow with 5 in semis and Johnstone and Triggas in cons.

Every Buckeye won at least one match in tourney's first day.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

This is the kind of performance we have expected from the Buckeyes. When you have all your big names winning like they have it is a huge boost for the team morale.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

With Reece doing so well it makes me wonder what the results of the wrestle-off between him and Enright are going to be like, brings up some interesting questions. As for the tournament in general, this is a great achievement for the Buckeyes right now, especially with all the perhaps better teams ahead of us. It all rests on the shoulders of our expected winners and Nikko and Jason in the consolation, as well as a few key losses for opposing teams.

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

Can you imagine the points Sponseller could have gotten had he not been injured? Look at some of the teams we're beating right now. Very impressive to this point. Good luck tomorrow <thumbsup> .

Good points. Sponseller could have scored a lot at a not overwhelming 165 weight class...
I agree with DRansick--Bucks so far are showing the type of flair we'd hoped to see under Coach Ryan. This is a big time performance and we're winning the close ones.

Humphrey making a statement. Not only can he wrestle effectively at 133 but he's a stud at this wt.

There's a Flowrestling interview with J.D. where he's eating a sandwich while answering questions about his move to 285. J.D. denies that wt cutting made him unhappy in the past but his demeanor suggests otherwise. He has yet to have a close match at 285 although I'd guess that will begin today.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

Way to go Buckeyes!!! Keep it up!

Another thing to notice...Triggas OVER the Wisconsin kid. That will be HUGE in the dual meet on the 10th.

Al McIntosh added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

Flocast is a great way to follow this tournament: Nice brief interview of Joe Heskett about the buckeyes Day 1 efffort.

http://www.flocasts.org/flowrestling/coverage.php?c=128&id=5982

Roe Fox added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

If I read the brackets right it looks like Bergman against Dlagnev in the semi's. A lot of people think Dlagnev is the best heavy in the country regardless of his D-II status. I think I read of some rumors of him transferring to TOSU for his final year. Would be a real big win for Bergman at the new weight.

As mentioned by Hank, Jantzen is out; so is Kemmerer at the same weight. Two supposed young guns that haven't shown it yet. Tells you just how great of an accomplishment Palmer's AA was last year as a true freshman at perhaps the most competitive weight. Same with Schlatter's title and third his frosh and soph years.

Caldwell seems to have shown he is not all or nothing as some have said after he stuck Metcalf. He had some nice, close wins. I still think Schlatter is better than them all.

The great thing for the Bucks is as of now, there don't seem to be any disappointments. Everyone is competiting, even after a loss. Even Campbell won a wrestleback. With Picazo, I think we need to keep in mind his RS last year. Its still early.

Great run for Marshall of OU through the wrestlebacks.

Of course, the rubber hits the road today.

Roe--Bergman has Sauer, not Dlagnev, in the semis. Dlagnev was #1 seed while J.D. was #3. Plus, it's on the brackets.

I like your comment about the rubber hitting the road today. It's good to keep in mind when some of us (me) become a bit overly enthusiastic. Still, it was fun to watch the results roll in last night as each one seemed to build on the one before.

In a battle of California studs Novachkov knocks off Triggas 7-2 in the wrestleback matches.

Sherfey (Boise St) pins Johnstone in the conso round 5 match ending his run at CKLV.

Humphey loses a close on to Jordan (Nebraska) 7-6.

Results come from http://www.thewrestlingmall.com/htmls/tournamentresults.asp?FilterType=C&FilterID=3&TournamentID=8247

Hope that helps anyone who is looking to find full results and hasn't checked out the homepage.

Jaggers in finals with a pin of Ruschell. I no longer wonder if he can handle the cut to 141.

Palmer loses 4-3 to O'Connor.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

I was looking over just a few of the matches offered on flowrestling, despite Triggas losing to Flores it looked like he was doing well seeing as how we've got a True Freshmen vs. Redshirt Junior. It's a shame about Palmer, but it was close and I believe, without looking at it, their previous match was close as well.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next