Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Discussion Topic: Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invite
Ken Fields added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

149 Semi Finals Caldwell, Darrion North Carolina State M Decision Churella, Josh Michigan 12-3
149 Semi Finals O'Connor, J.P. Harvard Decision Palmer, Lance Ohio State 4-3

Caldwell vs O'Connor, last match up O'Connor beat Caldwell.

I was hoping to see Caldwell Palmer match up myself.

Dan is Flowwrestling out there?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Ken Fields added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

141 Semi Finals Jaggers, Jeff Ohio State Pinned Ruschell, Kyle Wisconsin 3:20

Dan Ransick added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

Flo is out there and has the videos from yesterday up on the page. Some good wrestling going on out there.

Ohio State gets 2 in the semifinals with Bergman still left to wrestle. Jaggers pins and Pucillo wins 7-2 over Jordan (Missouri).

I think the biggest news has to be Caldwell dominating Churella like he did winning 12-3 is incredible over the returning NCAA runner-up.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

I have agree, Caldwell has had a fire lit under his butt as he's been dominating some of the season's favorite wrestlers in Metcalf and Churella. It will be very interesting to see how Schlatter takes care of him as Schlatter has looked his best with either a.) Low tier wrestlers and b.) Offensive wresters, who he counters off of. I haven't seen Caldwell wrestle and such, but from his domination he seems like an extremely aggressive wrestler, exactly the kind Schlatter works well off of. I've just watched Weakley's match with Villers and it amazes me at just quick and awesome John's hip heist is, EXPLOSIVE.

The more explosive the wrestler the bigger the win for Schlatter it seems. He did very well against Esposito who creates many problems for wrestlers with his ability to score off crazy moves.

Humphrey gets a huge pin over Rugirello in the conso semfinals. He will be going for 3rd place now.

Scott Nicola added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

Humphrey pinned Ruggirello in the wrestlebacks.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

Great team effort by the Buckeyes thus far! Keep it up!!!

<sign_oh>

Palmer advances by defeating Atkinson of Cal-State Fullerton 6-0. He will have a rematch with Burroughs who defeated Churella 11-7 in the other consolation semifinal.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

Caldwell 12-3 over Churella? Who predicted he'd win? Oh, me.

Bucks have 3 in finals and 2 that rebounded to go for 3rd. It's a nice showing. Only downside is that they couldn't get a few more through in the wrestlebacks. But, Triggas and Johnstone had solid tourneys which they can build on. Could a healthy Sponseller have made a big difference? Something tells me we'll find out in about a month.

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

Hank:
I've not seen that kind of self-congratulating since last year at the NCAA tournament when *cough* somebody *cough* was ecstatic because J was an All-American and (somebody) kept saying he would be all along...

Good call on Caldwell. I still think Darth Schlatter will beat him, but Caldwell has now proven that he's as explosive as Gillespie was at this weight.

P.S. - My 2007-2008 "called shot" = J.D. Bergman will be a national champion.

<sign_oh>

Jack Muni added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

Would it be a great ending if J.D. had to win the last match to win the tournament for OSU?

Dan Cosimi added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

Quote from Jack Muni's post:

"Would it be a great ending if J.D. had to win the last match to win the tournament for OSU?"

Fo sho, bro.

J.D faced his toughest test of the season against Sauer. The J.D of old wouldn't have made it this far at Vegas with cutting weight. Now that he doesn't have to cut weight he is by far a better wrestler. He may be on the lighter side but he can sure move great at heavy.

Josh Lowe added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

Solid showing for Jaggers, win over Ruschell is a good one. Griffin in the finals for him - Griffin was a high AA last year (at least that's whom I guess).

Caldwell with the STATEMENT WINS of the year so far - pin Metcalf, major Churella. O'Connor tonight should be another interesting match. No shame for Palmer in losing to O'Connor - fellow AA as a true frosh last year.

Humphrey with a nice tournament. Kenny Jordan's a darn tough wrestler that he lost to. huge win over Ruggirello, the hot wrestler of that weight in the early season.

Johnstone - no shame in his losses. Zupancic is a returning AA, and Sherfey has won multiple matches at the NCAA tournament (Johnstone has never been there). Sherfey is the kid that beat Tsirtsis at HS seniors, seemingly a life time ago.

I wasn't enamored with Picazo in his early career, and he showed a mixed match when I saw him vs NDC. I think what we see is what we'll see with him.

Pucillo's obviously doing what he does. I didn't look at the whole bracket, but I'm guessing he's gonna see Tyrell Todd for seemingly the eight zillionth time.

Bergman with a great start at 285. Even undersized, his athleticism and wrestling ability carries the day. Most 285's don't see that. Sauer is a returning AA, so Bergman stands well in that weight. Dlagnev is a different beast than anything he's seen to date.

Nicholas Sestito added to this discussion on December 1, 2007

Just a little update from the OSU perspective...
Reece takes 3rd with a 6-4 win
J takes 2nd with a 4-3 loss
Palmer takes 4th with a 2-1 2OT loss

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next