Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Northwest Ohio Takedown & Turn Camp - June 11-15 at Clay High School
Ralph Cubberly added to this discussion on March 5, 2012

Northwest Ohio Takedown and Turn Wrestling Camp

@ Oregon Clay HS: 5665 Seaman Rd. Oregon, Ohio 43616
THIS CAMP WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FIRST 50 PAID ENTRIES
June 11-15, 2012 9:00am – 2:00pm

After the first 50 paid campers another camp could form if enough interest is shown. It would be the same dates but the 2 hour sessions will be between 3:00pm-8:00pm

PURPOSE:
The purpose of this camp is to introduce upper level techniques to all aspiring wrestlers. One of the best times to train hard and develop technique is during the summer months. At this camp we would like to expose the athletes to all areas of wrestling, not just one phase, which is why one session each day will be devoted to mat wrestling. Takedowns will be covered during the first session while the second session will be spent learning how to wrestle from the mat in both the top and bottom position.

•Campers will learn the importance of proper drill on their feet as it pertains to High School & College Wrestling

•Campers will learn Tilts, Legs, Cradles, and Arm Bar series from some of the Nation’s best college wrestlers and coaches from the top position. (LEARN TO BE A HAMMER ON TOP!!)

•Campers will also be exposed to FUNK or SPAGHETTI wrestling techniques.

•Campers will learn the latest techniques to “get off the bottom”

Dates and times of former College and High School ALL –Americans who will be working out at this camp throughout the week:

Monday June 11 (9:00am – 2:00pm) (3-8pm)
FRANK MOLINARO - Penn State University
149lb NCAA Campion
NCAA Runner-up & 3x Big Ten Champion
NCAA 3x All-American @ 149lbs
4x Pennsylvania State Champion
FOCUS: Takedowns and Getting OFF Bottom

Tuesday June 12 (9:00am – 2:00pm) (3-8pm)
LOGAN STIEBER - Ohio State University
133 lb NCAA Champion
Big Ten Champion @ 133lbs
World Team Member
4 x Ohio State Champion
FOCUS: Takedowns and Arm Bars.

Wednesday June 13 (9:00am – 2:00pm) (3-8pm)
KELLEN RUSSELL - University of Michigan
2x 141lb NCAA Champion
4x Big Ten Champion
3x NCAA Div I All American @ 141lbs
4 x New Jersey State champion
FOCUS: Takedowns, Riding, and Turns

Thursday June 14 (9:00am – 2:00pm) (3-8pm)
SCOTTI SENTES - Central Michigan University
3x Mid American Conference Champion
2x NCAA All-AMERICAN @ 133lbs
4 x Florida State Champion
FOCUS: Takedowns, Cradles & Funk Wrestling

Friday June 15 (9:00am – 2:00pm) (3-8pm)
BEN BENNETT - Central Michigan University
3x Mid American Conference Champion
3x NCAA All American @ 184lbs
4x Michigan State Champion
FOCUS: Takedowns and Legs on top

OTHER COLLEGE AND HIGH SCHOOL ALL-AMERICAN WRESTLERS WILL BE PRESENT AT THESE WORKOUTS TO HELP THE CAMPERS

20 STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS BETWEEN THESE 5 WRESTLERS ALONE!!

TENTATIVE DAILY CAMP SCHEDULE: EACH DAY A NEW PERSON WILL RUN
2 - 4 SESSIONS

9:00 – 11:00 – TAKEDOWNS: Set ups/Leg attacks/takedowns – live and drill

11:00 – 12:00 – Break - bring a sack lunch and drink

12:00 – 2:00 pm – TOP/BOTTOM: Arm Bars, Tilts, Legs, Cradles and Funk Wrestling – live and drill

2:00 pm – Go home, rehydrate and prepare for the next day

COST: $125.00 per camper

WHERE: Oregon Clay HS Wrestling Room 5665 Seaman Rd. Oregon, Ohio 43616

CONTACT: Ralph Cubberly at 419-350-2697 or e-mail RCubberly@amplex.net to reserve a spot.
This camp will be limited to the first 50 paid campers.

Send to:
Ralph Cubberly
6453 Devils Hole Rd
Pemberville, Ohio 43450

FILL OUT ENIRE REGISTRATION FORM FOR CONTACT REASONS

Print Name_____________________________________

Age___________

Birth Date____________Address___________________________

City__________________ State___________

Zip ____________________

Grade _____ Phone # ___________________

HS Attending ______________

Working Email _______________________

LIABILITY RELEASE
I, the undersigned, individually and as a parent/guardian of________________________________ a minor, ask that he/ she be admitted to participate in the above “Northwest Ohio Takedown and Turn Wrestling Camp”. I do hereby agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Oregon City School District, all camp clinicians including Ralph Cubberly, Ryan Cubberly, Eric Cubberly, Logan Stieber, Frank Molinaro, Kellen Russell, Ben Bennett, Scotti Sentes and any/all District Administrators or employees of all causes, liabilities, and damages, claims, or demands whatsoever on account of any injury or accident involving the said minor arising out of the minor’s attendance at this wrestling camp or in the course of competition held in connection with this event.

Campers Printed Name &

Date_____________________________________

Campers Signature & Date

Parents Printed Name &

Date______________________________________

Parents Signature & Date

NOTICE: A signed Emergency Medical Form must be on file at the camp before any camper will be allowed to participate in this camp!

THE BEST CAMP IN OHIO
10 – 2 hour sessions for only $125.00 per camper!

Last edited by Ralph Cubberly on March 18, 2012; edited 1 time in total

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Discussion Topic: Northwest Ohio Takedown & Turn Camp - June 11-15 at Clay High School
Ralph Cubberly added to this discussion on March 6, 2012

ttt

Shawn Andrews added to this discussion on March 6, 2012

Ralph do you have anyone that might be interested in hosting a few guys? I like the camp but I don't know if I have parents who are going to spend 5 hours in the car each day

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 6, 2012

Quote from Shawn Andrews's post:

"Ralph do you have anyone that might be interested in hosting a few guys? I like the camp but I don't know if I have parents who are going to spend 5 hours in the car each day"

Ditto. I can't guarantee I'll have kids commit, but knowing this information could help in a big way.

These clinicians are the best of the best.

Ralph Cubberly added to this discussion on March 6, 2012

Mark - Sorry we are not going to host anyone at homes but Maumee Bay State Park is located only 3 miles away on Lake Erie and you can camp or get a room at the lodge it is a great place. They also have 10-12 person cabins that can be rented.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on March 6, 2012

Sweet! I'll camp the ...

Barnacles... Night classes.

But thank you for the info. Very good to know.

Ralph Cubberly added to this discussion on March 7, 2012

ttt

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 7, 2012

This is a great opportunity for a family vacation and the daily instruction. Maumee Bay State Park is a great place.

Ralph Cubberly added to this discussion on March 8, 2012

Roe Fox is corrret: work out until 2:00 pm and a 3 mile ride to Maumee Bay State Park and an afternoon and evening spent on Lake Erie

Ralph Cubberly added to this discussion on March 9, 2012

This camp is filling quickly send your paid registration asap. Many people like the fact that they can vacation for a week at Maumee Bay State Park since it is only 3 miles from the high school.

Ralph Cubberly added to this discussion on March 10, 2012

Here is a link to Maumee Bay State Park:
Remember this facility is only 3 miles from Clay HS!
http://www.maumeebaystateparklodge.com/

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 10, 2012

Great links style golf course, too. . .

. . .you owe me Mr. Cubberly.

Ralph Cubberly added to this discussion on March 13, 2012

Northwest Ohio Takedown and Turn Camp Clinicians seeds at the 2012 NCAA Tourney in St Louis this weekend.
Logan Stieber OSU 2nd Seed @ 133
Kellen Russell U of M 1st Seed @ 141
Frank Molanaro PSU 1st Seed @ 149
Ben Bennett CMU 3rd Seed @ 184
Scotti Sentes - Red Shirting

Doug Brandt added to this discussion on March 13, 2012

Ralph, a guy that I work out with at the gym is from your neck of the woods: Steve Davidson. I believe he wrestled for a year at Eastwood. During our workout tonight, he mentioned that he was a year behind you at school. Steve was even wearing a Pemberville shirt during the workout- one that I believe he designed.

The guy working out right next to us went to Lake High School. He and Steve talked about the tornado that hit that school in 2010.

After my workout, I went to my local running store to say hi to some friends that work there. One of the girls that works there was wearing a shirt that said, "Pemberville 5 Miler" on the front. I had to talk to her.

She went to Eastwood, too, although she's in her early 20's. She was fully aware of you. She may have had a brother that wrestled- last name, "Seifert."

Small world!

Ralph Cubberly added to this discussion on March 14, 2012

Doug - I know all the people you have mentioned and they are all great. I truely is a small world isn't it?

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next