Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Discussion Topic: Darrel Nightingale Memorial Quilt Fund
Joe Marino added to this discussion on June 25, 2012

Greetings, Ohio -

Last year I came to our wrestling community to ask your help in securing donations for an 11 year old wrestler who was going through Leukemia and needed support. The response was terrific ! I hope lightning does, indeed, strike twice in the same place.

On 12/17/11 our team was wrestling in the Bowling Green duals when a member of our staff, Ryan Nightingale, received a call from home late that night, informing him that his father had been killed in a car accident. Needless to say, this was a shock to our team, as well as Ryan's hometown of Wellsville. If any of you know Ryan and/or his family, you know what kind of people they are and why we are trying to help this cause.

In the late 80's Ryan's father (almost single handedly) built the original wrestling room in Wellsville from the ground up and then went on to coach there for over a decade. In honor of his passing, the school/town has named the MVP award of the Wellsville Tournament after Mr. Nightingale and renamed the facility he built after him. Sadly, the facility has suffered over the years and Ryan and his family want to restore it to the proud building it once was, a place worthy of having his dad's name over the door.

Thousands of dollars have been raised, but there is still more to do ! The following web site offers people a chance to buy raffle tickets for a quilt with all the proceeds benefitting the Darrel Nightingale Memorial Fund. This project will not only restore the building to its previous form but will also benefit the Wellsville wrestling program for years to come ! You can read the story and/or pruchase tickets at
http://www.darrel-nightingale-memorial.org

Thanks in advance for your time and support ! If I can be of any further assistance or you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact me at joe.marino@westg.org

Thanks -
Joe Marino
West Geauga Wrestling

Add to the discussion and quote this      

► Add to the Discussion