Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: The Book of Dano
Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 14, 2013

micah projects to 157.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on July 14, 2013

Wait, what? Didn't he wrestle 132 last year? I could see him as a 149, but 157 seems awful big to me. Not doubting you Dano, just saying that information surprises me.

Where do you see Micah wrestling this year, 138 or 145?

JJ,
Dano luvs surprises, he once surprised GF with new red Mercedes Benz sportscar. --Micah will wr 145 i am told.

ohio st top 5 senior to be wants according to #bookemdano.com
snyder
micah
Bo Nickal, McKenna
steve micic from IND, projectd 133 college

fargo to watch: Torres 113, senior to be from Elyria bears watching as does middlewt Kyle Kaminski from Padua, a junior to be, imo.

in general other ohioans that Ohio st may wish to look at: 182 Adkins from SVSM, 160 Harris from Beachwood, 160 Sizemore from Moeller, 138 Mossing from Toledo CC.

hows that JJ, get yo juices flowing now?? ...s/BobP

Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on July 14, 2013

Love it! Hoping OSU can pull a top 5 class this year. Snyder, Micah, Haines and another stud sounds good to me.

i'd like to see a couple other ohio kids recruited besides Micah, among those i named perhaps-- ohio had 11 AAs at NCAA, only 3 were from ohio st, so the in-state talent is out there.

let's see what happens in fargo this week.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 14, 2013

Quote from Jason L. Jackson's post:

"Love it! Hoping OSU can pull a top 5 class this year. Snyder, Micah, Haines and another stud sounds good to me."

What about Tyrell Fortune?

;-)

Fortune not being mentioned. for hvwt its Haines.

Micah announces next weekend, Ohio st or Purdue. Some might think a slam dunk but to me the fact Purdue is right in it means something. He likes em for a reason, theres a good reason they are in the final 2..

Christian Pyles added to this discussion on July 14, 2013

If Micah Jordan chooses Purdue over Ohio St which happens to be where his brother wrestles, that is a pretty horrific recruiting job.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 14, 2013

I can't say I see the allure of PU, but as Bob said, he must like something about them. Maybe he feels a fit with the coaches. Maybe he likes a more rural surrounding?

Jacob Danishek to IU and Micah Jordan to Purdue is a pretty interesting story.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 14, 2013

Maybe Purdue is offering more money (besides being a good school)?

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 14, 2013

Concerning Purdue's campus: when I went to the BigTen tournament, I was blown away with the cleanliness of the streets and sidewalks. I walked by a row of Greek houses and there was not one pile of beer bottle in the bushes, lawn, or porch. I can't say that about my local state university.

Also, the ...the ...the "cohesiveness" of the campus? Every building seemed to have the same brick facade. They also had some very straight landscaping. Come to think of it, the portion of the campus I walked through was about as tidy as any I've ever seen.

...not to sell the young man on Purdue but to the eye, it was nice.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on July 14, 2013

One of my best friends went to Purdue. I have spent some time on the greek row. It is a nice campus and has some great programs. You can't get a whole lot better if you want to go into engineering. I can attest to that second hand. You never know. Danishek committing so early to IU had me a bit puzzled, though, I have to say.

Ben Golden added to this discussion on July 15, 2013

I won't disagree that tOSU is a relatively ugly campus.

IU's campus is decent too and, just as Purdue is strong in the technical fields, IU has good business and arts programs. So in those ways, it is a similar option to Purdue, depending on what field you are planning to study.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 15, 2013

Quote from Pat Costilow's post:

"You never know. Danishek committing so early to IU had me a bit puzzled, though, I have to say."

i'm told Danishek liked small town atmophere at Indiana, loves hunting & fishing. Coach Duane Goldman owns a horse farm, i think he is that type guy himself.

Purdue asst coach Chris Fleeger is a popular guy, the head coach Scott Hinkel is from Fairfield Ohio too. Every college has their selling points and every kid is different.

"Horrific recruiting job" by ohio st? -- don't think so, after all Penn St couldnt make the top 2 and Cael tried very very hard. ..s/BobP

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on July 15, 2013

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

"Horrific recruiting job" by ohio st? -- don't think so, after all Penn St couldnt make the top 2 and Cael tried very very hard. ..s/BobP"

I hate to do this, BUT....I actually agree with Bob here ;-) So complex...so little money. Can't get them all and as others have discussed, sometimes the kid just wants something different. The fact is, no matter what, you can't make tOSU into Purdue if that is genuinely the experience the kid wants. Every kid is different. If I had to do it over...I wouldn't choose a school that was not surrounded by trout streams ;-)

Last edited by Patrick Campbell on July 15, 2013; edited 2 times in total

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next