Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: The Book of Dano
Jason L. Jackson added to this discussion on June 4, 2013

Gentlemen and Ladies:

I have come into possession of an ancient script, one long thought lost, written by a wise sage. It is known as the Book of Dano. It contains snippets of wisdom and prophecies which can be used to teach us all. I have compiled the known text and posted it here, that we may all bask in their knowledge and insight.

Verse 1. Steve, perhaps u refer to one KYLE SNYDER, a junior from Maryland, verbal to Ohio St U, who will wr at 197 (to paraphrase Hawaii-5-0's Jack Lord "book it Dano")

Verse 2. theres an important piece of info that no one is realizing for some reason: hvwt Capone is back, he's commited to wrestling next year for Ohio St-- this another Hawaii 5-0 "book it, Dano".

Verse 3. re 141 & 149, u omitted Paddock, he still here-- re 197, Campo we hardly knew ye. book em dano.

Verse 4. i think long-suffering Hank get his way this time-- Tomasello not a very big 125, at least Tomasello gonna RS, thats almost a #bookemdano.

Verse 5. Logan gonna be 141, thats a done deal....Cam was suspended once- under Ryan's Rules of Redshirting (as ive explained monotounosly over the years), RS does NOT go to guys who are shaky. Guys who might not use the RS to do the right things in terms of training & improving and being good students.

Verse 6. adios, "legends" & "leaders" div, we hardly knew u ! (A phrase we using quite a bit lately.) btw, don't think recent east & west div in big ten football is restricted to football or basketball only, the NON-REVS scheduling gonna be effected too.
U heard it here #bookemdano

Verse 7. Nashon Garrett listed as such BUT not really true---
Nashon Garrett was in his 2nd year in reality, he enrolled a year late in Cornell. Cornell often sends kids to Finger Lakes Academy to get their academics in order.
Nashon was a senior state chmap in California in 2011 at 112 lbs. To me that makes his same category as a RS freshman, he was in year 2 out of high school. #bookemdano

Verse 8. what u were told is Not true. To set the record straight, right now Cam Tessari IS definitely STILL a buckeye, and theres no reason to think he wont continue to be-- of course kids do depart on occassion and the future guarantees zilch in life, but Cam IS a buckeye. And of course we hope he stays that way. #bookemdano

Verse 9. Hunter will RS, put this in the #bookemdano category.

Verse 10. its BONUS Sunday, Brian, another blockbuster from #bookemdano ---
Tessari no longer a member of buckeye team.

Verse 11. Triple BONUS Sunday brought to u by the seer of seers #bookemdano, mention name at Wendy's for a free frosty:
Bo & Tomasello to RS, Hunter to RS, Tessari gone,
your first 3 wts look good and yes Paddock still here at 149. Languis at 157. Demas 165.

Verse 12. (he also says if crazy scheme to RS Mark Martin gets support, the roof could cave in ole Columbustown.)

Verse 13. Hank, it was all revealed on page 5 by #bookemdano in a sunday night triple bonus round, its set except for 174:

Hunter will RS--- Bo & Tomasello will RS-- Tessari is no longer on team--- Paddock still a buckeye -- Mark Martin might or might nor RS, its 50/50 according to Vegas oddsmakers. lineup is clear now, except 174.
125 Roberts
133 DiJ
141 Logan
149 Paddock
157 Languis
165 Demas
174 maybe Martin, otherwise Mystery Man
184 Courts
197 Hef
285 Capone or Tav

Verse 14. 2. The BAD: Ryan is apparently accepting that next season buckeyes will struggle-- unfortunate, as St John Arena will host the 16 team NATIONAL DUALS on Feb 16 & 17 (Breaking News: u heard it here per #bookemdano)

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on June 4, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQnxlHZsjY

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on June 4, 2013

This is gold, Jerry!

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 5, 2013

JJ,
when i informed Dano about "the Book" he was touched-- from Vegas where he's rehearsing for the Elvis contest, Dano told me:

"I opened for Henny Youngman in the Catskills- i smoked Mesq with Jim Morrison & the Doors- i traded jokes with Prez Gee- but this is indeed an honor i will treasure, thank JJ for me. I'll try to keep working my sources. -----oooooppps i'm on now."

"Since my baby left me, i found a new place to dwell, its down at the end of lonely street, Heartbreak Hotel" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PotB76gi2_4

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 6, 2013

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"JJ,
when i informed Dano about "the Book" he was touched-- from Vegas where he's rehearsing for the Elvis contest, Dano told me: "i traded jokes with Prez Gee" -- "

re Prez Gee, i personally loved the guy but if anyone had to depart, i'm glad he left and NOT Gene Smith (all longtimers on here know WHY i'm glad!)

Like "YogiBerraisms", "Geeisms" will live on, incl his latest, when announcing his retirement in a month, Gee said, "Now ive only got one month to ruin Ohio States reputation."

Calling the NCAA investigation a "year-long colonoscopy" was also a classic. In Gee's honor i will tweet a "Geeism" every day until he retires, check @BobP

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on June 6, 2013

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"
re Prez Gee, i personally loved the guy but if anyone had to depart, i'm glad he left and NOT Gene Smith (all longtimers on here know WHY i'm glad!)
"

I don't think the boys agreed to unban GS if Gene Smith departs. So, were probably safe ;-)

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 16, 2013

from current WIN mag: "At the same time, the NWCA is planning on holding a duals tournament involving Division I teams in New York City in February. This will be held in place of the Division I National Duals which have been held since 1989."

Dano assures me this quote from WIN is Not true, that the national duals will be held at St John arena on Ohio state U's campus in Feb on Presidents day weekend, Sunday & Monday.

Dano tells me that should he be wrong he will emulate the Samurai warriors and fall (not on his sword but rather) on his martini glass. ...s/BobP

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on June 16, 2013

Let Dano know that if it DOES happen to fall on the long weekend, a #DotNet get-together will need his attendance! I'm sure SOMEONE one this board can attend and make a MEAN martini!!! Dry; shaken - not stirred.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on June 17, 2013

Dano vows to be there, even wearing his patented Elvis costume-- but no martini, Elvis drank only Dr Pepper.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 2, 2013

just turned 6:00 PM Tuesday, hasnt been reported yet, but Dano says Penn st got Nevills the great California 285, a blow to buckeyes who were in close on him. ...s/BobP

Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on July 2, 2013

FLO said the same thing at 6:00 ;-) Maybe Dano has been dating FLO after she is done at the diner.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 2, 2013

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"FLO said the same thing at 6:00 ;-) Maybe Dano has been dating FLO after she is done at the diner."

Kiss my grits.

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"FLO said the same thing at 6:00 ;-) Maybe Dano has been dating FLO after she is done at the diner."

not true, wise guy. i checked all major services incl Flo on or about 6 pm, it wasnt up anywhere. i checked again at 7 something before i went out to cut the lawn, not up anywhere incl Flo. Yes its up right now.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 2, 2013

When Tom Ryan took over the program, the big lament was over how much the previous coach had struggled to land a quality 125. One of Ryan's first major recruits was Nikko Triggas and the Bucks have continued to land 125's since.

Now, however, Tom Ryan has the opposing problem--he just can't seem to land a top flight big man. Nothing against Tavanello but he's a bit undersized. So were Capone and Morrison. I know Ryan has tried...but for some odd reason the program that has J.D. Bergman and Tervel Dlagnev as workout partners--plus Tom Rowlands within shouting distance--can't get a top notch 285 prospect to commit.

Odd.

i think ohio st was very close on Nevills, as they were on Brooks Black, Jordan Oliver and Morgan McIntosh too, but when Cael enters the game things change quickly, the tide turns.

Cael is a recruiting monster, using his personal walks-on-water rep, plus youve got Penn st winning 3 NCAA titles in a row. Thats an appealing sell.

between Illinois with Mark Perry pulling em in and Penn St with Cael the magnet, the major talent in California is ending up in the Big Ten, not the Oklahoma schools anymore --but its so far not at ohio st.

its discouraging ---but call me foolish, or whatever, ive got faith in Ryan and staff. There are other big fish out there yet to be had. Tom will keep fighting. ohio st has some great things to sell too, (as does Michigan which is accumulating a lot of young talent). ...s/BobP

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next