Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Discussion Topic: The Book of Dano
Patrick Campbell added to this discussion on July 16, 2013

See, now you're settling down. Excellent work!

I got nothing on that young man as of yet from my sources. What does TR have have to say about him?

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 16, 2013

Quote from Patrick Campbell's post:

"See, now you're settling down. Excellent work!

I got nothing on that young man as of yet from my sources. What does TR have have to say about him?"

(Dano respects those who respect him- follow him at #bookemdano.com He does 2 shows daily at the Sands in the Frank Sinatra Room, home of the 6 ounze Grey Goose vodka martini, for those headed out there to numb their brain.)

re Micic, i know the name but not the details, perhaps someone on here well versed in Indiana wrestling can brief us. Ohio st needs a 133 down the road, Micic seems to have the cred. -- let's see how he does in fargo, fargo frestyle starts Wednesday with Cadets, Thursday juniors starts.

...Tomasello again going 120, he is really sucked down. Ryan calls him "an animal". (i assume thats a good thing?)
...Abounader is out there, Collica too.
...Armondo Torres from Elyria can make noise at 113. Strictly as a darkhorse, i like the look of Kyle Kaminski from Padua, a junior middlewt in cadets.

in junior freestyle, Ohio has a nice coaching staff: Eric Burnett, Todd Haverdill, Greg Urbas. The Cleveland st duo of Ben Stehura and Josh Zupancik are on staff. Head freestyle coach is again Jim Lehman from Lakota East, not well known but he is good. Jeremy Johnson OU hvwt helping out too.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 16, 2013

want to mention, this is the thankless work that keeps the sport strong:

CONGRATS again to the st Eds community for hosting fargo Cadets and Juniors camp---- Juniors moved to st Eds in 1997 i believe, Cadets later.

i heard 95 kids were housed by hosts, thats a great effort, alot goes into this. Coach Urbas is the man who takes on the challenge, humbly as always . Ohio wrestling is grateful, job well done!

Mike Mattin added to this discussion on July 16, 2013

re Micic, i know the name but not the details, perhaps someone on here well versed in Indiana wrestling can brief us. Ohio st needs a 133 down the road, Micic seems to have the cred. -- let's see how he does in fargo, fargo frestyle starts Wednesday with Cadets, Thursday juniors starts.

I don't know much about Indiana wrestling but I did watch Micic wrestle at FILA cadets and he was very impressive. I believe he teched his way through that tourney. He has a devastating leg lace that he was hitting on everyone. I talked to his HS coach and it sounds like he is being heavily recruited. Coach said he was a great kid on and off the mat. I believe he said he had over a 4.0 GPA.

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on July 16, 2013

Watch Micic v Assad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVlcWqzfosc

More Micic video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46tJ7VYJZaM&NR=1&feature=endscreen

I understand why Ryan wants this kid. Super impressive.

Another Micic vid. In this one, he hits a leglace against a kid who decides to turn into it to counter. Bad idea. Take a watch.

Oh, yeah, Micic is great. I'm officially on board the "bring Micic to Columbus" bandwagon.

Mark Niemann added to this discussion on July 17, 2013

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"Watch Micic v Assad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVlcWqzfosc"

Quite impressive.

Christian Pyles added to this discussion on July 17, 2013

Quote from Hank Kornblut's post:

"More Micic video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46tJ7VYJZaM&NR=1&feature=endscreen

I understand why Ryan wants this kid. Super impressive."

I hear Purdue is hot on his trail :)

Christian Pyles added to this discussion on July 17, 2013

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

Quote from Pat Costilow's post:

"You never know. Danishek committing so early to IU had me a bit puzzled, though, I have to say."

i'm told Danishek liked small town atmophere at Indiana, loves hunting & fishing. Coach Duane Goldman owns a horse farm, i think he is that type guy himself.

Purdue asst coach Chris Fleeger is a popular guy, the head coach Scott Hinkel is from Fairfield Ohio too. Every college has their selling points and every kid is different.

"Horrific recruiting job" by ohio st? -- don't think so, after all Penn St couldnt make the top 2 and Cael tried very very hard. ..s/BobP"

PSU is crowded around Bo's weight, it wasn't near as logical a fit. Especially given the fact that everyone and their mother knew Chance was going to wind up there as well.

It is unquestionably a recruiting failure if Tom Ryan doesn't get Micah.

It's his home state. A wrestling power, his brother goes there(apart from the Perry's how many blue chip brother combos of note go to different schools?)he will have a far better room and should seamlessly start whenever he wants.

Purdue meets none of those criteria but has...A rural setting and Fleeger?

No offense to Purdue, and here's hoping they are on the up swing, but this would be like Chris Phillips when he committed to NC St. Clearly a decision not made with optimizing wrestling talent in mind(not to say Jordan and Phillips are remotely similar personality wise).

Marlo Stanfield added to this discussion on July 17, 2013

What about Jered Cortez...He is an Ohio boy!?

I'm not sure what color the Sulzer boys are but I think one goes to Va (which is for lovers) and another is at EMU. Certainly a short list...

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on July 17, 2013

Quote from Mark Niemann's post:

"I'm not sure what color the Sulzer boys are but I think one goes to Va (which is for lovers) and another is at EMU. Certainly a short list..."

3 Sulzer bro actually wr dif colleges-- oldest wr for Northwestern then one to E Mich then Nick to Virginia. All 3 were ohio state champs. Father is Cleveland police captain, his district got alot of pub when they freed the 3 women held captive a few months ago.

Micah will decide within next few days i am told-- he knows what lifestyle he wants and thats entirely up to him. Tom Ryan can only offer what ohio st has to sell, Purdue has its own package of assets. Not everyone wants ohio st after all, would be a boring world if they did.

Bob: is the NW version of the Sulzer done wrestling? I can't keep track of it all. Aaron, Nick, and one other one. Hmmmm... Shawn??? That's not right. Who was the third Sulzer? Inquiring minds want to know!

Jamie Teel added to this discussion on July 17, 2013

Keith

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next