Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Discussion Topic: Um, yeh, About that.
Rex Holman added to this discussion on March 21, 2014

Thanks Tommy, btw Northwestern does a great job with strategy and Storniolo is a hired gun to teach top. Tsirtsis beating Maple in the rideout is a a pretty great accomplishment.

and Dylan Ness is great a single position of which he has many variations.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on April 11, 2014

Found this when reading through an old interview with Alan Fried. Thought it fit in well with this discussion.

OWS: What is the lesson that other programs can take from St. Edward’s success?

Fried: It’s attention to detail. You have to throw yourself into the fact that details do matter. Wrestling is a natural thing, but your natural instincts are going to be wrong often times. I think that people are afraid to question whether they may be doing it wrong. People think it’s about how bad you want it, but how bad you want it should manifest itself in how much you are willing to learn the technique. People are so into the Rocky Balboa mentality, they think we can get it just by wanting it really bad or getting after it but that’s not true.

Rex Holman added to this discussion on December 18, 2017

Was reading the Cleveland State Open thread and Brady's comments regarding Chase Singletary after introducing my daughter to the concept of antifragile this morning. Typed a search on antifragile and this thread came up. Reread some of it. I apologize for coming across as having consumed energy drinks all day.

My daughter and I established that fragile is weak and antifragile is strong. It is a start. Also, we need to address those things that make us fragile and improve our response.

On the way home we talked about learning and how we become temporarily fragile when we are learning to master something. Math, division, was the example. How frustration can occur when you haven't figured out the rules.

I would like to see the Singletary match to see how productive the attempts were. How his attempts looked relative to the rules of position. The attack sounds like it still needs a lot of attention. That is a bit of a red flag in development to me. Hope it is a red herring instead.

To keep up with expectations of this team, blue chips need to be going to the smaller opens and winning or at least putting up some noteworthy performances.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on December 19, 2017

Quote from Rex Holman's post:

"I would like to see the Singletary match to see how productive the attempts were."

I think the only way to do this is to go onto Trackwrestling and purchase the CSU open.

► Add to the Discussion

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6