Rankings

2019 UWW Senior World Championships
2019 Final X
2019 Junior Greco-Roman National Duals
2019 Junior Boys' Freestyle National Duals
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Dual Championships
2019 AAU National Duals (Disney Duals)
2019 Yasar Dogu International Tournament
2019 Junior and 16U National Championships (Fargo)
Division changes for 2019-2020 OHSAA Individual Championships

Forum Home

Forum Search

Register

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next

Discussion Topic: Tessari
Mark Cummings added to this discussion on March 11, 2014

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/blogs/curt-heinrichs/2014/02/wrestling-know-your-enemy-hofstra

Below is a section from the blog

Ohioans on the Roster:

None. Former Buckeye All-American Cam Tessari was attempting a transfer to Hofstra after leaving the Buckeyes last season, but is no longer with the team, according to Coach Rob Anspach.

Add to the discussion and quote this      

Pat Altvater added to this discussion on March 11, 2014

Sad news on Cam.

I enjoyed watching him when he was at OSU, a very exciting scrambling type wrestler.

I do not know what personal demons he may have, but I wish him well and hope he finds peace in whatever new journey he may be on.

He and Chris Phillips both had so much potential, but both are proof that it takes more to be successful student athletes than a good takedown.

Kevin Mount added to this discussion on March 11, 2014

While we are at it does anyone know the situations of Huston Evans or Chaz Gresham. Evans is not on VT roster and I thought Gresham was at OU but don't see him either.

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 11, 2014

Quote from Pat Altvater's post:

" He and Chris Phillips both had so much potential, but both are proof that it takes more to be successful student athletes than a good takedown."

ah Pat, as former Texas football coach Darrell Royal once said, "Potential is what u aint done yet."

Was there EVER anywhere a better upperwt high school freshman or sophomore than Chris Phillips?? Anywhere.
I don't know who would be considered better in that 170 range as a freshman/soph, let's say 160-182. Ever. Any state??

Mark Cummings added to this discussion on March 11, 2014

Seeing this earlier today made me a little sad. Really enjoyed watching his matches.

Roe Fox added to this discussion on March 11, 2014

"Sad news on Cam.

I enjoyed watching him when he was at OSU, a very exciting scrambling type wrestler.

I do not know what personal demons he may have, but I wish him well and hope he finds peace in whatever new journey he may be on.

He and Chris Phillips both had so much potential, but both are proof that it takes more to be successful student athletes than a good takedown."

Not sure I'm willing to suggest demons but I am learning on this site from others who have wrestled in college the amount of dedication it takes to participate in school and athletics at the same time on the college level.

Tessari's talent was entertaining and special.

Justin Hayes added to this discussion on March 11, 2014

Ty Mitch?

Hank Kornblut added to this discussion on March 11, 2014

If Tessari were still interested in wrestling, I think an ideal spot for him would be CSU.

He needs to be in an environment where there is support--and he has plenty of friends in NE Ohio.

CSU desperately needs a wrestler that can light up their program. A lineup that featured Willeford, McKinley, Shaw and Tessari might actually prove to be competitive.

Leo Zimmer added to this discussion on March 12, 2014

From Cam's Twitter feed on 3/4/2013 "Well it took me a while but I now know unless I get myself together I'm gonna continue to watch myself fall apart #gotime"

Jim Kessen added to this discussion on March 12, 2014

Quote from Bob Preusse's post:

"

" He and Chris Phillips both had so much potential, but both are proof that it takes more to be successful student athletes than a good takedown."

ah Pat, as former Texas football coach Darrell Royal once said, "Potential is what u aint done yet."

Was there EVER anywhere a better upperwt high school freshman or sophomore than Chris Phillips?? Anywhere.
I don't know who would be considered better in that 170 range as a freshman/soph, let's say 160-182. Ever. Any state??"

My old wrestling coach also told me potential was wasted ability.

Pat Costilow added to this discussion on March 12, 2014

I think Ty Mitch is at OU, just not wrestling.

Brady Hiatt added to this discussion on March 12, 2014

I believe Houston Evans is attending Wright State University. Obviously not wrestling

Bob Preusse added to this discussion on March 13, 2014

did CSU have any NCAA quals?

Bill Splete added to this discussion on March 13, 2014

We have to reach out to these kids, does anyone know Cam or how to get a hold of him. I have a lot of experience with this situation(s), especially how it equates to present decisions effecting future results. If any one knows him, would you contact me through the website and I could reach out to see if this is possible. I don't believe in excuses but I understand his mind set, wont be a public thing other than reaching out.

If anyone knows him let me know

Tony Brunetti added to this discussion on March 13, 2014

I find myself doing Tessari searches every few months to see what is going on with him. I find it tragic that his career started so great and is at the point of where it is now. I'm rooting for him for a comeback.

OSU seemed like a very good fit for him. Being with his Monroeville guys, other Ohio guys, and not too far from home. I'm not sure of the off the mat incidents that might have lead to him not getting the starting job his sophomore year. However, up until the point where he was put on the bench for disciplinary reasons, I felt like he should have been the starter. I often wonder how much this played on his off the mat actions. Imagine being a returning AA as a true frosh and not knowing whether you were going to start or not. It appears that Paddock is a favorite of Ryan. And it is understandably so. Seems like a hard worker, great kid, and someone you would want to have as a leader. But I still feel, outside of any discipline actions, Tessari should've been the starter and always wonder what would have happened to him if he started his whole sophomore year.

This isn't to make excuse for any actions that might have caused him to be put on the bench. But I think about this now and then and thought this thread would be a good place to throw my thoughts out on it.

► Add to the Discussion

Page 1, 2  Next